Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few point drop?

tag
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Few point drop?

I signed up for ScoreWatch about two weeks go, and I got a note today that my FICO score dropped from 551 to 544. I got a $500 unsecured Capital One card last month for credit rebuilding...could this initial drop be tied to that account now showing on my credit report?

It doesn't seem worth paying $15 to pull a report to check on 6 points, but since I'm trying so hard to rebuild, even small changes like that make me want to cry.

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Few point drop?

@KeepSwimming wrote:

I signed up for ScoreWatch about two weeks go, and I got a note today that my FICO score dropped from 551 to 544. I got a $500 unsecured Capital One card last month for credit rebuilding...could this initial drop be tied to that account now showing on my credit report?

It doesn't seem worth paying $15 to pull a report to check on 6 points, but since I'm trying so hard to rebuild, even small changes like that make me want to cry.

I don't think it is worth it either.    If you know what to do to build your credit, why agravate yourself looking at day to day variations?      

Message 2 of 3
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: Few point drop?

I'm asking myself the same thing. I mostly signed up so I'd get alerts as my rebuilding efforts pay off, help me keep the momentum. Obviously I didn't consider that I'd naturally have to hear if they dropped a few points as well. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.