Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Closing Credit Cards 2020

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Finally Closing Credit Cards 2020

Been in a funk lately. Today was probably last straw. Tried to place a $280 order on Walmart.com  , shipping was like $20, but these $#^$$  are trying to put like a $340 surcharges on my order.! I thought maybe it was temp but hit order button to test and yup, still there. I cancelled immediately. They definetly didnt do this last year when i ordered basically same stuff . Im not playing that game, im credit tired, credit poor and just well need to start the descent into normalcy. 

I immediately canceled my Cap One Walmart store card , $15k limit. Didnt even care about the 208 points i lost. As soon as i see this order doesnt get charged to my Walmart MC, im closing that too. Im done with Walmart, dont support them, and even if i wanted to but something from them i could use other credit cards. I may just close Paypal Credit today too. Another account i dont use. 

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Closing Credit Cards 2020

Ugh..That sounds frustrating! Sorry to hear that.

Message 2 of 119
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Been in a funk lately. Today was probably last straw. Tried to place a $280 order on Walmart.com  , shipping was like $20, but these $#^$$  are trying to put like a $340 surcharges on my order.! I thought maybe it was temp but hit order button to test and yup, still there. I cancelled immediately. They definetly didnt do this last year when i ordered basically same stuff . Im not playing that game, im credit tired, credit poor and just well need to start the descent into normalcy. 

I immediately canceled my Cap One Walmart store card , $15k limit. Didnt even care about the 208 points i lost. As soon as i see this order doesnt get charged to my Walmart MC, im closing that too. Im done with Walmart, dont support them, and even if i wanted to but something from them i could use other credit cards. I may just close Paypal Credit today too. Another account i dont use. 

What surcharges could possibly add up to $340?

Regardless, do what you need to do. I have 5, maybe 6, that I'm preparing to close between now and July.

Message 3 of 119
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks. Yeah just snother example of Walmart and their billions taking advantage of us here in PR. This was the kick i needed to start reducing. Im not even caring on open date. My Walmart originated with Sync  and is one of my oldest cards but just one less account to manage.  

Message 4 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really unfortunate, but I'd probably close too if that happened to me.

Message 5 of 119
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Sometimes you have to trim the fat. Do what makes sense to you. Good luck AJC!

Message 6 of 119
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Yikes!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 119
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous 

Thanks @AllZero  maybe it will help in 2 years having less inquiries and less  credit . I achieved  roughly about $238k on less than $25k income so not to bad lolSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 119
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous 

Thanks @AllZero  maybe it will help in 2 years having less inquiries and less  credit . I achieved  roughly about $238k on less than $25k income so not to bad lolSmiley Wink

Not bad? That is stellar total credit line on that income! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous 

Smh. Only you, AJC! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.