Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha??

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha??

I got a pre-approved BT offer from First National Bank of Omaha. Maximum Rewards Visa

0% APR until Oct 2012

0% BT's until June 2013

3% BT fee until Jun 2013, then 5%

13.99 APR (variable based on prime) after promotional period

No annual fee, no monthly fee

Anybody have this card, or dealt with them? Is this a legit terms offer or a teaser where I apply and they come back with something way different?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha??

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I got a pre-approved BT offer from First National Bank of Omaha. Maximum Rewards Visa

0% APR until Oct 2012

0% BT's until June 2013

Anybody have this card, or dealt with them? Is this a legit terms offer or a teaser where I apply and they come back with something way different?

They're legit, but very conservative.  There were a couple of threads here where I looked up info on them, and they were generally well received.  

My mother actually applied for them last month and was denied.  EQ FCIO of 739 and 3 inquires in the past year, and they denied her secondary to high utilization (30% at time of application).  

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 45
littlesister
Contributor

I also received a pre-approval , except it was for the fnbo discover card. I applied back in Sep.

and was instantly approved with a 6500 limit. No issues as of yet!

They pulled Equifax.

Message 3 of 45
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I get preapprovals from them about once a quarter. Never took them up on it, though i have been tempted. I just dont need the credit.

From what i found on them, they seemed very reputable.
Message 4 of 45
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

0% APR until Oct 2012

0% BT's until June 2013

They're legit, but very conservative.  There were a couple of threads here where I looked up info on them, and they were generally well received.  

My mother actually applied for them last month and was denied.  EQ FCIO of 739 and 3 inquires in the past year, and they denied her secondary to high utilization (30% at time of application).  

ChesterPDexter  went through a bit of a nightmare when getting approved with FNBO after accepting a pre-approved offer from them. 

Here's a link to that thread and comments I and others had about her situation.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-Citi-card-and-as-for-FNBO-updated/td-p/1122938

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 45
andre181
Established Contributor

I am from Omaha and have a few accounts with them and I have their Platinum Edition Visa. They are a great bank to work with and are very reputable. They are the largest privately held bank in the US.

They are conservative. My starting CL was only $1,500, but in 18 months, it has grown to $9,000. They also have pretty good balance transfer offers once you have the card. Usually I get one offer a week of no BT fee and 5.99% fixed until its paid.

They are pleasent to work with.

They pull EX just so you know.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got pre-approval for 11.99% Platinum Edition Platinum Visa ( no rewards)last year. I applied online and didn't get instantly approved.  I checked the status on the following day. I got approved for $15K. They pulled EXP.

Ron.

Message 7 of 45
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Just so no one misunderstands, I'm not trying to steer anyone away from FNBO.  I just feel it's fair anyone interested (even with a pre-approved offer in hand) should be informed that on the rare occasion they can give a few people a bit of a headache (usually because they can seem a bit disorganized at times, though they're not a bad bank by a long shot).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 45
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for remembering that and linking to it, RyVision.  I will say that I like FNBO for the following reasons:

1. Everyone is super-nice and polite

2. They approved me right away (even if I had snags later, and I didn't have a pre-approval, by the way)

3. Their website is easy to deal with

4. The APR they gave me is OK (around 15%, I'm not even sure)

5. You can personalize your card with a photo

I did hit big snags and it was annoying because they are so big that one person never knew what another person had said every time I called, and they did lose some documents.  But I will accept 50% of the blame for the snag because I didn't have a standard situation with my employment documents if you get my drift.  They added my husband on as a co-signer (with my permission) and initially denied him for having a lower credit score than me (it's true that they are conservative!) but the person in charge overrode that and had it approved.  So all in all, I'm satisfied at this point.

Valued Contributor

I am SO glad that the FNBO thing finally worked out smoothly for you Chester.  I bet you're still surprised that nearly everyone you spoke with probably sounded like someone your parents would know or a bit like bank tellers from old movies (very midwesterny) LOL.   From what I remember years (and I do mean several years) ago, most of the CSR's sounded like they were raised in or close to Nebraska (which is awesome as far as I'm concerned lol).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.