cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First card with no history except AU for 3 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First card with no history except AU for 3 months?

I agree . I put my father on 2 of my toy limit cards ( cap1 and freedom ) for about 5 months . He applied for venture and got 20k right off the bat . The only other TL on his reports is a closed low limit kohls card from the 90's on his  .

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Yes-Its-Me Wrote:

What I am disagreeing to in your post is "saying AU history doesn't matter" and my clarification is it does..

For the record, I didn't say "AU history doesn't matter." I said "AU history doesn't matter much." Smiley Surprised

Are the accounts you rolled over to her file only 3 months old? Your sisters file should show the opening date of the card (when YOU opened it).

What cards did you roll over, what are the limits, and when did you open them? Then we can tell you your best course of action.

This forum tells her what to do. It's time to just apply where others on this forum with a file similar to hers and build it up.

I got what I have with brand new accounts ooened 6/14 that I was an au on. That's why I want to know the specifics of your accounts. If they are several years old or older she can start really moving forward. She just needs to really get moving. 

Yup, they're only 3 months old. I could add her to one of my older cards, but I'm thinking I'll just let them sit for a few months more and go for an Amex card. 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Yes-Its-Me Wrote:

What I am disagreeing to in your post is "saying AU history doesn't matter" and my clarification is it does..

For the record, I didn't say "AU history doesn't matter." I said "AU history doesn't matter much." Smiley Surprised

Are the accounts you rolled over to her file only 3 months old? Your sisters file should show the opening date of the card (when YOU opened it).

What cards did you roll over, what are the limits, and when did you open them? Then we can tell you your best course of action.

This forum tells her what to do. It's time to just apply where others on this forum with a file similar to hers and build it up.

I got what I have with brand new accounts ooened 6/14 that I was an au on. That's why I want to know the specifics of your accounts. If they are several years old or older she can start really moving forward. She just needs to really get moving. 

Yup, they're only 3 months old. I could add her to one of my older cards, but I'm thinking I'll just let them sit for a few months more and go for an Amex card. 

if you are not comfortable then definately give it a few months and have her apply.. The charge cards are the easiest to get.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the Discover It!  Amazon has a $100 gift card for your first purchase on the It.  I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but if you google "Amazon Discover It" it's the first link.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the cards in my signature were acquired while I only had one AU.

Chase declined me.

Discover, Cap1 and AmEx seem to like it.

Message 25 of 26
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All the cards in my signature were acquired while I only had one AU.

Chase declined me.

Discover, Cap1 and AmEx seem to like it.

They may also like your ability to pay and your clean background, if not more!

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.