Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First startup charge card?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Fintech Premium Card Offering

@Ilinferno - please reference the active discussion upthread on this particular card.

Message 11 of 19
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: New Fintech Premium Card Offering

@FinStar 

😬 My bad, I totally missed it!

Message 12 of 19
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

Re: First startup charge card?

Hi OP, welcome to the forums. The card in question comes off as pretentious to me. The annual fee is a major turnoff, as well as the qualifications. Feel free to forward my thoughts to the rest of the marketing team. Thanks.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As said, I checked and it comes to this:

Screenshot 2021-12-24 112725.png

So you need either one of these to get approved? Crazy! This is ideal for people who are wealthy.

I'm out ...

Message 14 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I think we may have finally come across a card that makes the BarclayUS Black Card look good.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 19
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I think we may have finally come across a card that makes the BarclayUS Black Card look good.

IMO, the X1 card left a lot to be desired, but it blows this PointCard Titan away unless there are details not yet revealed.  The earning structure, the high AF, the lack of perks or credit don't make this any sort of serious contender to cards in the $400 AF range.    We keep seeing these metal cards pop up that don't deliver premium value, they're all show with tech features aimed at the Gen Z and Millenial market.  At least the Apple titanium card paid 2% in cash with Apple Pay and 3% in some cases, with no AF.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 16 of 19
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Finally, I found a card that it looks clearly impossible to justify its AF Smiley Happy. How on earth, it would be feasible to cover a hefty 400$ AF without having any e.g. dining/streaming credit? It may work if the 5x subscription category would be very broad including e.g. hefty monthly mortgage subscription of 5k/m and they should them directly a check, since my mortgage does not accept any debit/credit card Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 17 of 19
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

$399/yr are they insane?

I saw nothing that would get me to chose this card over premium cards. They're website is doing a poor job of selling this, I can't imagine anyone would willingly pay them to use their card.

DOA

Message 18 of 19
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I think the most likely explanation is that they're going for people who are not card-savvy and don't know better. You can make more money from a small number of fools than from a large number of people who shop around. Or for people who just want to have something different (for the sake of being different) than the (in some places common) CSR and Platinum.

Another possibility is that they're trying (not necessarily successfully) to position it as a Veblen good, where demand can rise with price among a small set of consumers. Conspicuous consumption not only excuses but glorifies the lack of value.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.