Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Citi Bank MyBestBuy MasterCard

tag
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Frustrating Citi Bank MyBestBuy MasterCard

Hey guys,

Little background, I got this card when I was an employee of Best Buy back in 2009 and it's my oldest account. The way I GOT the credit card was through an employee "accomodation" that did a HP of your credit, but employees were guaranteed "at least" a $100 limit on the card, no annual fee. So I went for it, I was 18 and wanted to get my credit started, and working at BBY...The discount was good and "free money" sounded like a great thing (again, I was 18, and stupid). Was only approved for the $100 limit, I was upset, but decided to use it for gas and pay it off monthly, which I did for about 4 months, then it went in the sock drawer, and has essentially sat there ever since.

I tried for a CLI this past April (2014) which included a HP, after my mortgage started reporting, my store BBY card was bumped from $5k (separate HP for this CLI, mom cosigned for one in 2010, she's still on the account, card only sees big purchases for 0% promotions, paid off before accruing interest) to $9k, but my lowly BBYMC still sits at $100. I would honestly make this my go to card if they would give me a competitive limit and APR reduction (I get it, my scores aren't "great" by any means, and I got it as a "benefit" of being an employee, which I am no longer), but what would you guys say? Should I try for another increase when my gardening is complete? Or should I just let this thing sit at a $100 limit and maybe buy a pack of gum with it once a year? This is my oldest account, so I'm not looking to close, but I AM looking to utilize it with a better limit, I shop at BBY for my PS4 games and accessories, so using it and gaining the rewards points for store coupons would be great!

Just a late night gripe more than anything! Maybe someone out there is in a similar situation as me, and has a special way of showing CitiBank some affection to get some luv in return!!

Thanks for listening!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrating Citi Bank MyBestBuy MasterCard

Request a CLI via phone and asked to be transferred to the CLI credit dept. They do take calls, not sure if there's a direct line. I also use My Best Buy MasterCard for PS4 games with the 20% GCU discount plus the rewards. Speaking of PS4, hooked on Destiny but starting to get bored.

Message 2 of 3
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrating Citi Bank MyBestBuy MasterCard

I've also got the GCU, and trading in games at Best Buy doesn't leave me with a pain in my backside when I leave! Kinda nice!!

I might have to try and call the credit department tomorrow sometime, just really frustrating seeing my OLDEST account with a measly limit, when one of my newest accounts has my highest limit (Lowe's with $12k)

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.