Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE reporting question

So my first statement cut on my Dillard's card on the 24th and today it reported on my credit reports. However, instead of reporting the statement balance, it reported my current balance which includes purchases I made after the statement cut. Is this normal? I've never had a cc report anything other than what's on the statement. Is that how GE is?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: GE reporting question

@Anonymous wrote:

So my first statement cut on my Dillard's card on the 24th and today it reported on my credit reports. However, instead of reporting the statement balance, it reported my current balance which includes purchases I made after the statement cut. Is this normal? I've never had a cc report anything other than what's on the statement. Is that how GE is?

I think your mistaking the statement closing date with the due date. Whatever balance is on your card on the statement closing date is what is going to report to the bureaus (which is normally 3 or 4 days after due date). you need to call and find out when your statement closing date is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.