Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GECRB EBates Visa

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: GECRB EBates Visa

Thank you all for all the replies.  It honestly doesn't matter to me whether or not I got the siggy beyond the fact that I don't currently have one.

Here's to hoping for a high limit!  I will update in 7-10 days and let you all know how it turns out.

Message 11 of 20
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I got an approval for the Ebates cash back Platinum Visa with a temporary 1k limit.  I assume since it doesn't say siggy I can expect to be under 5k.  Does anyone have any ideas as to average starting limits on the platinum card?  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the siggy, but oh well.

I got the same 1ktemp limit approved for the signature .......card came and it was a 4k signature.......I thought it had to be 5k, but I guess not

Message 12 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

OK so the Ebates card reported to the CRAs today.  I just pulled my EQ and it shows the limit as $1500.  I'm pretty disappointed with that considering my PayPal MC also issued by GECRB is sitting at $3000.  I will definately be requesting a CLI upon activation.  Anyone know if Credit Solutions is know for granting CLIs at activation?  Surely they would at least match my PayPal limit.

Message 13 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

They will grant a CLI on activation. I think my initial approval was 5k, and at activation they approved me for 12k.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 14 of 20
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats, that sure is a Comical Card

Message 15 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

The Ebates card came in the mail today.  It is definately NOT the Signature version.  I called Credit Solutions as soon as I got it and requested a CLI on activation and was declined.  Which seems odd because they just recently gave me a CLI on my PayPal Extras card.  Different underwriting requirements or internal limit maybe? 

Oh well, I still think GE loves me.  They just aparently don't love me unconditionally...

Message 16 of 20
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

The Ebates card came in the mail today.  It is definately NOT the Signature version.  I called Credit Solutions as soon as I got it and requested a CLI on activation and was declined.  Which seems odd because they just recently gave me a CLI on my PayPal Extras card.  Different underwriting requirements or internal limit maybe? 

Oh well, I still think GE loves me.  They just aparently don't love me unconditionally...

LOL This cracked me up for some reason! Thanks! 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 17 of 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

Try again a couple of times in the following months and if still a no go, consider waiting about 4 months before placing another request.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 20
Matt6995
Regular Contributor

I was originally approved for $2.5K. Asked for CLi when received the card and was denied.

Three weeks later received auto CLi to $4K so you never know.

Message 19 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I will certainly stay on top of asking.  If you don't ask they can't say YES!  I actually had 2 letters in the mail from GECRB.  One was my new Ebates card and the other was a CLI denial on my WalMart card.  It stated "not enough experience at current limit" or something along those lines.  I'm sure all my creditors get sick of mailing me denial letters, but it never hurts to ask.  Well...  It never hurts to ask as long as it's a SP anyway. 

I think I was really hopeful in this case that they would raise it since they just raised my PayPal Extras MC limit to what I asked for. 

I made my first purchase on the card this morning.  I am curious to see how the cash back works.  From the website it looks like your options are a mailed check or deposit into a PayPal account.  I signed up for the PayPal option though I would really prefer just getting a statement credit.  We shall see how it goes.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.