Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

@dabrian wrote:

App free since 9/28/12 and plan on staying that way until probably March when I plan on applying at Penfed if my scores are where I think they will be.

Congrats!   Seems like you have earned your bronze spade.    Feel free to add it to your signature. To modify your signatue, go to the "My Settings" button.  Then copy and paste the code for the graphic that appears in the first post of this thread.   My instructions are not that great, feel free to post if you need additional help.

Best of Luck!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 141 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

left the garden to join NFCU and app for the cashRewards card....hope it pans out for me!!

Seems like it worked out very well for you!  Congrats and welcome back to the Garden Club!

FICO 9:

Message 142 of 297
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

left the garden to join NFCU and app for the cashRewards card....hope it pans out for me!!

Seems like it worked out very well for you!  Congrats and welcome back to the Garden Club!

and it feels awesome!!!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 143 of 297
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well this gardening thing is fun tending to my beautiful flowers.

I just had my JCP triple in size from 500 to 1500 with just a phone call Smiley Very Happy

Yea this club is working out swell!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 144 of 297
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

So I also called Macy's for an increase and the rep told me that it would be an HP.  I asked her if she was sure about that and then I quickly had second thoughts.  I didn't want to risk any HP's so I just told her no thanks.  I was bummed becasue I was on a roll after getting the increase from JCP.

I also tried for a Wally increase and the U/W told me no, but I did the request for Wally at the same time I did JCP on the same call.  Perhaps I shouldn't have done that and just called back to get another U/W.  They did an SP on TU.   Anyone else have any success hanging up and calling back?  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 145 of 297
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

So I also called Macy's for an increase and the rep told me that it would be an HP.  I asked her if she was sure about that and then I quickly had second thoughts.  I didn't want to risk any HP's so I just told her no thanks.  I was bummed becasue I was on a roll after getting the increase from JCP.

I also tried for a Wally increase and the U/W told me no, but I did the request for Wally at the same time I did JCP on the same call.  Perhaps I shouldn't have done that and just called back to get another U/W.  They did an SP on TU.   Anyone else have any success hanging up and calling back?  

Not sure about hanging up and calling back. I call u/w to get my walmart to 5k. I tried another u/w for paypal extras mc, no go, I will wait 4 months and try again on paypal.

I love gardening and all the SP CLI.

Stepping out in Jan for Amex BCE to get maximum backdating. Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 146 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Rhaeny wrote:

Well this gardening thing is fun tending to my beautiful flowers.

I just had my JCP triple in size from 500 to 1500 with just a phone call Smiley Very Happy

Yea this club is working out swell!

Congrats Rheany,  nice work!  Gotta love GE!

FICO 9:

Message 147 of 297
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Woohoo!  

Success Again!!!

Just got another increase with Macy's!  

The first phone call I made the lady said well I will have to pull your report.  I then told her that I didn't want any hard pulls so I will only move forward if it didn't involve a hard pull.  I would agree to only a soft.  She said well I'm sorry but all increases come with a hard pull.  I told her no thanks.

Then I started thinking about the fact that I know I have read that people get increases with Macy's with a soft pull.  So I decided to try another route.  I logged into my Macy's CC account and initiated a chat session.  I explained to the lady the same thing, that I wanted an increase that didn't involve any hards, only softs.  I explained to her that since this account was relatively new and that I was "tending to my credit", and that those inquiries can really hurt your scores, that I didn't want a hard.

She said okay well I may not even need to pull a report.  I said okay well if you get to the point that you need a report can you please stop.  She agreed and bamm!  She said I have just increase your limit to 1300!  I was stoked!

Not a huge amount but every little bit counts so I am happy!

So yea I went from 900 to 1300 Smiley Very Happy

Gardening is soooooo awesome!

Message 148 of 297
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Joining the Garden Club! Im excited to watch my scores grow now that I have established a few revolvers, and an auto loan! I am currently raging an epic battle against the baddies on my report over in the rebuilding section where I am most active! I just want to thank everybody here and look forward to joining the prime credit hunters next year Smiley Very HappySmiley Happy

Message 149 of 297
Cageym
Established Contributor

Almost drapped for something I didn't need, then decided to look at prices for a truck to buy in May or June instead. Keeping my eye on the prize. Besides, I just got one score up to 800, I have one more really close and the last one pretty close. So I'll just water the plants for a bit.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 150 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.