cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get my tools I have been forced to garden!!!!!!!

tag
Yeshualovesme
Valued Member

Get my tools I have been forced to garden!!!!!!!

Well after being approved for the following cards since March 2013
Belk, walmart, kohls, target, jcrew, Ann Taylor, Victoria Secret, one stop plus, dillards, jc penny, cap one MasterCard rewards, first premiere, I know have been denied for the following......pier one, TJ maxx, Kirklands, Macy's. I guess I will be in the garden for awhile.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Get my tools I have been forced to garden!!!!!!!

sure is. Thats a lot of cards! Congrats! Gardening is difficult. I made it six months and I fell out. Got some nice cards but now I have 7 inquiries so I better stay. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 14
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats. Thats alot of Inquiries. Let them grow give your aaoa time to grow too.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

12cards!!!!! To the garden you go- and don't think about popping out till next year! Smiley LOL
Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Yeshualovesme wrote:
Belk, walmart, kohls, target, jcrew, Ann Taylor, Victoria Secret, one stop plus, dillards, jc penny, cap one MasterCard rewards, first premiere, I know have been denied for the following......pier one, TJ maxx, Kirklands, Macy's. I guess I will be in the garden for awhile.

We have pulled gloves,watering can,fertilizer and mulch out of the tool shed all you have to do is bring all those seedlings and plant.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
Yeshualovesme
Valued Member

Yes, thanks you guys.... I feel so silly now for applying at all those credit unions and I don't even use the accounts, I just have money in the accounts sitting there. Hard pulls for nothing, could have used those inquiries to get Macy's and tjmaxx
Message 6 of 14
aneauness

Please make room for a newbie in the garden. I, too, have been on an app spree and am starting to get denied. This year I was approved for TJX MC, Ashley Furniture, Rooms to Go, Wells Fargo Health Advantage, Chevron, Exxon, Home Depot, Citi, VS, PayPal MC, WalMart Discover and probably something else that I am forgetting. I was denied on Monday for Barclay's and Citi Thank You Preferred but am thinking about calling the back door numbers for reconsideration--as if I really need the card--before restraining myself in the garden for at least a year.

The power of the word "APPROVED"

Message 7 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@aneauness wrote:

Please make room for a newbie in the garden. I, too, have been on an app spree and am starting to get denied. This year I was approved for TJX MC, Ashley Furniture, Rooms to Go, Wells Fargo Health Advantage, Chevron, Exxon, Home Depot, Citi, VS, PayPal MC, WalMart Discover and probably something else that I am forgetting. I was denied on Monday for Barclay's and Citi Thank You Preferred but am thinking about calling the back door numbers for reconsideration--as if I really need the card--before restraining myself in the garden for at least a year.

The power of the word "APPROVED"

You have already suffered the hit of the HP's for the applications, so you might as well call and try to recon. After that, you should come join us in the garden!

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 14
aneauness

Any idea as to why I can explain the recent inquires to get approved? I definitely can't admit to having an app spree.

Message 9 of 14
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Yeshualovesme wrote:

Be very careful with First Premier. You can get in a lot of trouble real quick with them.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.