cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 3 Credit bureau FICO score without cost monthly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting 3 Credit bureau FICO score without cost monthly?

It seems that every credit card is offering credit score and sometimes reports as well. Sometimes it is Vantage Score (Chase), other times FICO (Discover). Anyone know which bureaus the FICO score is pulled from for each card? My goal is to be able to get each one monthly just by holdingn credit card that pay for this feature.

I see Discover provide Transunion (when logged in to card services) and Experian when using creditscorecard.com. Anyone know who provide Equifax FICO without cost? I see Uber card also provides FICO score, along with Lowes card (havn't tried them out yet as my freeze is preventing them from pulling).

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Getting 3 Credit bureau FICO score without cost monthly?

Citi will give you your Equifax FICO Bankcard 8 score (250-900 range) for free, but I'm not sure who will give you the Equifax FICO Classic 8 (300-850) score for free.

Message 2 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have completed the trifectaSmiley Happy

My Synchrony accounts ( Walmart, Amazon, etc) and Discover give true free FICO 8 TU

American Express , along with free monthly report from Experian , gives true free FICO 8 Ex

Langley Federal Credit Union gives me a true free FICO 8 Equifax score.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, just tried the Citi FICO Bankcard 8, 839 score, doesn't seems right as I have so many inquiries at the time (and accounts opened in last 2 years)

Message 4 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Quick ask for a cliSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 20
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

A quick Google search netted this result

"Your FICO® Score is calculated based on data from your Equifax credit report using the FICO® Bankcard Score 8 model and may be ..."
Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Bankcard isnt the same as FICO though
Message 7 of 20
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

I understand but if the OP is questioning the Bankcard scoring, according to Citi, it stems from Equifax.
Message 8 of 20
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Bankcard 8 is just a different algorithm to calculate a FICO score. It places different levels of importance on different things. It is a FICO score though.

Some lenders do use that score in credit decisions. Citi being one of them.

I’m not aware of any major banks that offer free Equifax scores for FICO 8.
Yes some small credit unions do offer it but most of those are members only with different requirements to join.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 9 of 20
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

To my understanding, FICO bankcard places emphasis on credit card usage for it's scoring.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.