Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Apple BArclay Card

tag
aghaffari12

Getting Apple BArclay Card

Hello All!!

Im looking to apply for the Apple Barclay card with special financing, I know they pull the TCU scores (mine is 605). Im looking to gat a new macbook and would like at least a $1500 limit. Here are some of my stats:

Cap 1 card- 1000 limit, paid off completely last week. just turned a year old

AMEX Starwood card- 30,000 limit 5k in charges (mom opened for me when I was born)

I do have a 23 year credit history with AMEX since my parents opened me an account when I was born. 

VW auto loan for a new car. 

In the past couple years I had some bad financial desicisons that have left me with a bad credit score, such as clsoed accounts that I am working to pay off. My question is, I know im going to be denied immeadietly when I apply online, but when I call the famous recon number, what are my chances?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Getting Apple BArclay Card

@aghaffari12 wrote:

Hello All!!

Im looking to apply for the Apple Barclay card with special financing, I know they pull the TCU scores (mine is 605). Im looking to gat a new macbook and would like at least a $1500 limit. Here are some of my stats:

Cap 1 card- 1000 limit, paid off completely last week. just turned a year old

AMEX Starwood card- 30,000 limit 5k in charges (mom opened for me when I was born)

I do have a 23 year credit history with AMEX since my parents opened me an account when I was born. 

VW auto loan for a new car. 

In the past couple years I had some bad financial desicisons that have left me with a bad credit score, such as clsoed accounts that I am working to pay off. My question is, I know im going to be denied immeadietly when I apply online, but when I call the famous recon number, what are my chances?

Smiley Surprised

Is that even legal??

As for your question I would say you have a borderline chance of instant approval. Recon might be tough to explain that AMEX account tho.

Welcome to the forums!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

With that score I doubt it IMO

My question is with such a long history why is your score so low?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
aghaffari12

Well thats the thing, I'm in college, and I was given a CC by wells fargo, not really knowing enough about credit, long story short my CC was closed because I didnt pay, long story short that was almost a year ago, and I started with 1,400 on that closed account, and now I have $400 left to pay off, my score before all of this was around the 780s. Im a student and im looking to replace my mac that was destroyed. 

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

With that score I doubt it IMO

My question is with such a long history why is your score so low?

+1

I would concur with myjourney.  Not so much the score alone, but the fact that there is still a presence of a current derogatory item (WF) regardless if it's still being paid down.  Not to cast a dark cloud on your approval chances, but Barclays may be a no-go for a while until the derogatory item is satisified and your overall credit improves.

Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@aghaffari12 wrote:

Well thats the thing, I'm in college, and I was given a CC by wells fargo, not really knowing enough about credit, long story short my CC was closed because I didnt pay, long story short that was almost a year ago, and I started with 1,400 on that closed account, and now I have $400 left to pay off, my score before all of this was around the 780s. Im a student and im looking to replace my mac that was destroyed. 

Welcome to the forum

I know you have your heart set on a MAC but maybe just buy a cheaper computer for now and up grade later this year after you payoff the $400 and your scores increase then sell the other IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea sorry, but with your scores and that baddie I don't believe they will approve you.  That score is just too low.  You can always try though if you're willing to take the HP.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

I have to agree with my fellow members. The combination of your low CS AND current derogs will most likely end in denial. Even if you try to recon, your WF is still unpaid.

Better to pay it off, let your cr update and then wait a few months before trying.
Message 8 of 11
aghaffari12

I paid off the balance in full just now, so I think im going to wait until I go to Vegas in september before aplpying, Taxes are cheaper there, so might as well not gamble and just buy a computer instead! And I do need to buy a macbook because I'm a Film major and I have lots of projects and programs using mac software, so I just want to keep with that stuff and not have to spend a thousand dollars more on new software. And thanks for the welcoming! 

Message 9 of 11
Mellon
Established Contributor

why not use the AMEX card?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.