cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting another card at the same time as chase will they cancel your card?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Getting another card at the same time as chase will they cancel your card?

I think you would be ok but why chance. You should just either pick Chase or the other card. If you go with Chase wait at least 6 months to apply for another.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, Chase hasn’t closed my accounts. I started an app spree in April/May, got three new cards, one of them Chase FU, and in August/Sept got Amazon Prime Card, Amex Cash Magnet, Amex EDP, Chase Sapphire Reserve, and Fidelity Rewards Visa. My longest reported account is 17 years and my average AoA is 6.8 years. I may end up with a target on my back, though, but I also bank with Chase, a savings and two checking accounts. I’m still waiting to see if they decide I’m too big a risk, but I don’t think they will, if they haven’t already.
Message 12 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So far, Chase hasn’t closed my accounts. I started an app spree in April/May, got three new cards, one of them Chase FU, and in August/Sept got Amazon Prime Card, Amex Cash Magnet, Amex EDP, Chase Sapphire Reserve, and Fidelity Rewards Visa. My longest reported account is 17 years and my average AoA is 6.8 years. I may end up with a target on my back, though, but I also bank with Chase, a savings and two checking accounts. I’m still waiting to see if they decide I’m too big a risk, but I don’t think they will, if they haven’t already.

That is probably because you have a banking relationship with Chase which makes it easy for them to analysis your spend habits. You also have a long credit history. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.