Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the itch... Card Suggestions?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the itch... Card Suggestions?!

Hello friends! I've been here on the forums for just about a year now and I'm looking for some general feedback. I'm currently 21 years old just about to finish up college with great credit and a holder of some of the best cards on the market. Haven't applied for a card in some time and have been in a serious thirst to play around with some new products. Would love to hear some suggestions from you guys. Overall big fan of travel cards and hopping on planes every other month for weekend trips to Vegas! 

Profile is as follows:

TransUnion 750 - 9 inq's

Equifax 750 - 4 inq's

Experian 731 - 12 inq's 

1% utilization across the board

AAoA - 2 years

American Express Platinum - NPSL

American Express Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL

American Express Blue Cash EveryDay (eligible to upgrade starting 8/31/17) - $22,500

Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $5,900

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard - $1,000 (Barclaycard is dumb af imo)

Capital One QuickSilver - $1,450 (Pack 'o gum a month sucka, dead weight)

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite - $7,500

Citi Diamond Preferred - $7,600

Citi Thank You Preferred - $4,800

Discover It - $6,300

Amazon Store Card - $5,000

GameStop Power Up Rewards Store Card - $1,350 (my first credit card)

Lowe's Credit Card - $20,000

Cancelled Cards:

American Express Green Card

American Express Delta SkyMiles Gold

Chase Disney Premier

Chase Marriott Rewards (changed to Ritz)

Chase United Mileage Plus (Hate United)

JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Rewards (I like AMEX Platinum better)

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting the itch... Card Suggestions?!

How many of those inqs are close to 1 year? 2 years? A card to recommend depends on your spending habits. If I'm not missing anything, your best on gas is the BCE's 2%, so the BOA cash rewards would bump you to 3.3%. Looks like you're covered more than well on all other category spend. Perhaps a Citi DC would make sense, though you could PC the TYP or DP if either of those are rarely used. You may also want to PC the QS to Premier Dining for a flat 3% on restaurants. My 2 cents.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Aviator Red 60K Miles, only requirement to meet bonus is to make one purchase and pay the $95 AF.  If you fly AA, it's a no brainer

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the Capitol one Venture One and hopefully get the $30,000 credit line.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a lot of card for a 21 year old. From the looks of things you could probably add some cash back on gas and/or restuarants. You could try the BoA Cash Rewards with 3% back on gas or the Cap One Premium Dining 3% back on restaurants. 

Message 5 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Now that the Ritz is gone, what are you doing for hotels? I love my SPG card and seeing that you had Marriott and R-C before and have gold SPG/Marriott/Ritz status through Amex Platinum it may be worth considering since the points rack up fast and can be transferred all over the place. Impressive lineup as-is; wish I had a profile like that when I was your age.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was considering that after seeing the offer jump from 40/50k. Any idea if i'd be able to downgrade to the no-AF version after the first year?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had awful luck with Capital One since I began my credit journey. Love the look of the product though.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already had the BofA Cash Rewards, actually product changed to the Travel Rewards card I have now. People keep recomending Cap One again, might have to look into it.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the first time I've heard excellent things about SPG card, that would be a great hotel option. Hmm, decisions, decisions. Thank you, I try very hard to manage everything carefully and responsibly. Thankful I've been able to get to where I am.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.