Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Barclaycard Apple Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodbye Barclaycard Apple Rewards

I applied for this card in January of this year, and I only used this card for a couple of bills every month (autopay) even though I originally got it so that I..... I..... Dont know why I got it... 😂... ?

The card is a piece of junk, in my opinion. The card is great for someone who loves Apple and I actually never used the card for anything at Apple. I also did not know at the time that the card didn't come with a Visa Signature option and so I was bummed to find out that it would stay just an ordinary Visa. I also tried to do a product change several times to no avail. I had a good starting limit and so it sucks that I cant utilize this card more. Additionally, this card is for folks who are building credit and I am still puzzled as to what I was thinking when I got this card... I want to stick to Prime cards at this point.

The only positive thing about this card is that Barclays offers your Transunion Fico score for free, but even that took 2 months to update everytime, and I do have a Discover card that gives this to me as well. Not a loss. This is also my only account with Barclays.

I read an article about the 5 worst cards to carry in your wallet, and this was one of them.  I am closing this card today.  There are better cards out there! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodbye Barclaycard Apple Rewards

What do you think about their Cash Forward card? If you apply and get it, you can roll this card's limit into it before closing. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

What do you think about their Cash Forward card? If you apply and get it, you can roll this card's limit into it before closing. 

I have thought about getting the Arrival +. I have other cash back cards already and so a travel rewards card would be better for me, but honestly I dont want another inquiry and right now I think I have some good cards.  I want my next card to be Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ritz Carlton Visa Sig towards the beginning of next year.  

Message 3 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I have thought about getting the Arrival +. I have other cash back cards already and so a travel rewards card would be better for me, but honestly I dont want another inquiry and right now I think I have some good cards.  I want my next card to be Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ritz Carlton Visa Sig towards the beginning of next year.  

Really the Arrival+ is just a cash back card with redemption being restricted to travel purchases. There's nothing really advantageous about it for travel (other than no FTF, but you can get that elsewhere with no annual fee).

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's not working for you close it.

I'm getting ready to close my rewards MC and its $1300 limit. No increase at 6 months, the rewards are meh. Can't really use it much due to the limit anyways because in not into making multiple payments per cycle, too much hassle. At the time, I didn't think I could get in with any really good lenders so I jumped on this. I'm ready to cut the cord now that my cloc is reporting.
Message 5 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I have an Apple Rewards and Arrival I am about to do the same thing with. I'm not a Barclays fan. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I have an Apple Rewards and Arrival I am about to do the same thing with. I'm not a Barclays fan. 

I have not had a bad experience with Barclays.  If anything, they gave me a great limit on my card and unfortunately the card sucks.  I am going to close it and maybe I will return to Barclays sometime in the future.  You should see if you can upgrade your Arrival to the Arrival +?  

Message 7 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I have not had a bad experience with Barclays.  If anything, they gave me a great limit on my card and unfortunately the card sucks.  I am going to close it and maybe I will return to Barclays sometime in the future.  You should see if you can upgrade your Arrival to the Arrival +?  

I tried. They don't seem to be willing to do anything with either of them. I can't even combine the limits. its ok though, I won't miss them. I have several MC & Visas with good limits, I just need to work on my APR's now. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

+1

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.