Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS ANYONE HEARD A DIFFERENT SCORING MODEL FOR A ALLIANT VISA CARD

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

HAS ANYONE HEARD A DIFFERENT SCORING MODEL FOR A ALLIANT VISA CARD

Hi everyone, I just called alliant cu to do a application over the phone for a visa card.  Spoke with a loan officer and I was told I could not use the hard pull that was done on me from last Friday for membership, he stated they use a different scoring model for lending and they cannot use the same inquiry. WTH well, i did agree to do another pull but I thinks things do not look good I am awaiting a call back as he said around 20 minutes as it has to go to the underwriter well it is past 20 minutes no call yet, what a bummer 2 inquiries, well let you know the update.  Thanks for reading, hopefully it helps someone eles who is looking for a visa.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HAS ANYONE HEARD A DIFFERENT SCORING MODEL FOR A ALLIANT VISA CARD

As far as I know, Alliant uses the Fico NextGen scoring models.

Kind of Fico's equivalent of "New Coke". Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I joined, I was preapproved for checking, visa, auto and heloc.  However, something screwed up in the system, cause the visa I accepted never came.  When I called in 10 days later and spoke to an LO, he couldn't find any record of the preapproval offer or acceptance.  So he did a manual application over the phone and then went and got the credit report that my membership had pulled.  He used this CR to approve my Visa $10k and asked which card I wanted (I took the Platinum no-reward @ 8.5% fixed), though he did have me then fax paystubs. 

Oh, and he also said, "I can approve you for an auto loan too" which I said okay, but never used.  30 days later I got a letter stating my loan approval (auto) had expired.

My point:  1 pull, and I got membership/share savings, $10k Visa and Auto loan, and had to do it with the LO over phone and he went and accessed my original member CR to make the decision.  So I guess I lucked out and got the right LO.  His name was "Nick."

Since that time, the preapproval offers have been reconciled in their system and they can see my offers.  In fact when I log into Alliant Sky Branch, it shows 2 $10k Visas, the non-reward that I was approved over the phone and the Platinum Reward $10k that I originally accepted but never received (it even shows the last 4 digits and shows that I have $10,000 available credit).  But I don't really have the card or access to it.  I guess I should call and get them to fix that.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-16-2009 02:50 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

NIck is who I spoke to as well.  He also indicated to me that the original pull could be used for the Visa app (I was not pre-approved so called in).  He indicated that the original pull was good for 30 days.  Go Nick!
Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-16-2009 04:03 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just like all "back door numbers" and CSR / LO, it depends on who you talk to.  The answer you get isn't necessarily the final word or even the correct answer.

Message 5 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just like all "back door numbers" and CSR / LO, it depends on who you talk to.  The answer you get isn't necessarily the final word or even the correct answer.

+1000

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.