Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD US Bank Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HD US Bank Secured Card

Since there are very little threads about this card I figured I would share my experience with everyone with data points. I will continue to update our progress with the card.

August 3rd - I applied along with my fiancée. I asked for a 300$ limit. I got the dreaded wait 5-7 business days message. I got an update from CK for both of us they pulled Equifax. My fico 8 equifax score from CCT says 546 as of 7/14/16. My fiancée has not generated a score yet but she does have 6 medical collections for around 4k total(EQ and TU only). Found the backdoor number (800) 947-1444. I called every single day to check the status of my application to only hear your application is still in process.

August 10th - Checked my bank account and see they have pulled the $300 out! So I decided to call and speak to a human because the automated system says my application was still in process. I was approved! Yay that makes 3 revolving credit cards for the both of us. We also have 2 secured loans. The lady said it would take about 2 weeks to receive the cards in the mail. Because they have to hold the deposit for a week.

August 22nd - Got the cards in the mail! Very easy to activate and their app is great. Only going to use this card to pay for CCT membership everymonth. I'll update back when it reports to the CRA's

September 16th - Finally reporting to all 3 credit bureaus. Unfortunately it does report as a secured card. Also took over a month to set up a payment date. I wish it would have let me know before it took it with a 15 $ balance as i want this card reporting a 0. Oh well I will make up for it next month.

I will update this as the process continues. Hopefully it will graduate after the 13th month! I wont be applying for anything else. My fiancée on the other hand. After the 6th statement on this card, she will apply for the Amex BCE. Since her experian will be completely clean with 6-8 months on all accounts. Hopefully she will get approved! Thanks for everyone's wealth of information!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HD US Bank Secured Card

congrats and good luck with your rebuild.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Updated got cards in the mail! Very happy to have 3 revolvers. Only up from here for the both of us!

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Best of luck on your rebuild, not easy but is anything worthwhile not? Smiley Happy congrats on your card!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't say it better myself. Positive vibes!
Message 5 of 6
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Congrats and good luck to you both.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.