Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Question

tag
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Re: HSBC Question

Is there a free way to see my nextgen score?
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 11 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

OP.  Do you have an HSBC account in your home country?   The website suggests that transferring history is possible, but adds: "Portable HSBC credit history is not available in all countries."  which isn't all that useful!

But it looks like you already have some US cards, so maybe not an issue.

Message 12 of 22
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately they only transfer history for premier accounts and I have an advance account. I applied for a credit card when I opened my advance account but they rejected me Smiley Sad
Yes I do have other cards, but my profile is very new and I don't even have FICO score. That's why I was asking for a way to see my nextgen score if possible.
Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What were the reasons cited for the denial of the Advance MC application?
Message 14 of 22
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

I forgot what it was exactly, but IIRC it was something regarding thin profile.
For some reason I didn't have a profile on EQ (nothing on CreditKarma or when contacting EQ directly) but I was finally able to see my EQ report on CK a couple of weeks ago.
I think I'll wait until I get a FICO score and all my cards report to the CRAs (looking at you Amex)

Message 15 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ok makes sense.

So, if you just literally started building your credit profile, HSBC isn't going to be your BFF yet, especially on the Advance CC. Wait until you've had at least ~12 months of established history.
Message 16 of 22
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Will do!

It's about because I opened the advance account specifically to get one of their credit cards.
My goal is to have at least one card with as many major lenders as possible!

Message 17 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it looks like you're on your way! Patience is key.

My advice with the current lending environment since things change pretty often (unlike several years ago), do your homework, never be late on anything, space things out, and temper expectations.
Message 18 of 22
budugu
Regular Contributor

@MrCreditInternational wrote:
Will do!

It's about because I opened the advance account specifically to get one of their credit cards.
My goal is to have at least one card with as many major lenders as possible!

HSBC is not a major lender here in the US (it is not even an almost ran). most people who move from eu or asia where it is big dont immediately recognize. you have practically all top 10 covered except for chase? The checking account is still usefull and if i remember right they refund fees for ATM withdrawals. Amex / Chase / Citi are the bigest lenders in terms of cards. 

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 19 of 22
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I wasn't about to get Chase because of 5/24. I preferred to have more cards early on to help my AAoA in the future.
I'll need to garden for 2 years at some point Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.