Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE CLD

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: HUGE CLD

wrote:
Could you share some advice on growing Amex? I’d like to focus a lot on my BCE and an EDP in a few months. How to keep Discover happy and grow that as well? I think I’m gonna hafta chill for a bit. Chase is about off limits for 2-2.5 years. Current Amex and Discover are my current focus. MAYBE merging two starter Cap1 accounts and looking at venture or venture 1 for the higher limit but that’s about it. We are looking to buy a house in about two years so I have a year max till I’m cut off until after closing

What I found with my situation with Amex is that they didn't like all my new accounts and large available credit.  By the time I figured that out, it was too late to grow my Amex accounts.  Discover (IMO) seems to like usage and from my own experience, they will tend to give people who have less credit higher limits than they give those who already have existing higher limits.  When I first got my Discover card, I got a $6.500 limit with about a 650 credit score.  There were many posters who said they had much higher scores than me but much more available credit who were walking away with Discover limits like 3k.  That was just a hypothesis based on discussions at that time.  I was able to get my Cap1 up to 50k by merging my accounts together.  I do think Cap1 will be my next CLD since I'm not really using that either.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 41 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local credit union has no limit on the number of secured visa cards one can have and it's no HP inquiry so maybe just apply for 2000 $500 limit secured cards?  

Would look super nice on your signature to have all 2000 of them there, photos and CLs and all.

Your AAoA would probably drop to 19 minutes total, but after 2 years it would be totally bulletproof.

Just my 2 cents!

Message 42 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:
😂😂 12 you're something else man.
Nah, we've been thinking of going with a bronze statue of you instead. Those posters keep fading too quickly.

I'm dying over hear Gmood.  Are you still racking up those big limit approvals?

Lol, I'm still plotting behind the scenes. I'll probably never make that 1 Mil mark. The Baller from B-town K will beat me there. 

My apps have slowed down considerably in the last year. Like you, I do it to see if I can. 600k is my goal right now. I have only one card on my radar for this year. It will be  9 -12 months before I app for it. Only apping for 1 card in a year will be a personal best for me compared to the last 3 year blitz.😂

Sounds like a plan to me.  I remember when you asked me for advice and you took the initiative and hit that app button and walked away with a couple huge limits.  I was even surprised.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 43 of 105
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks! So use Amex and Disco pretty hard and focus on them? Like I said, besides Amex (my last 2 apps just approved) there isn’t much I’m interested in. I’ll focus on them and add 1 account max for a few years most likely.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 44 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:

Local credit union has no limit on the number of secured visa cards one can have and it's no HP inquiry so maybe just apply for 2000 $500 limit secured cards?  

Would look super nice on your signature to have all 2000 of them there, photos and CLs and all.

Your AAoA would probably drop to 19 minutes total, but after 2 years it would be totally bulletproof.

Just my 2 cents!

I'm confused.  Was that for me?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 45 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:
Ben, weve been down this road before with a few posters. 12njoy is not here to brag or anything, he has been here sharing his particular journey through the credit world. Like all of us, hes had ups and down, and in my almost 2 years on this forum i havent seen one post bragging about his limits. We each have different wants needs and goals. Lets support each other so we all may feel we can post about our journeysSmiley Wink

Well that is bragging. Nope He has so high credit that who cares if one is at 990k credit or 1 million.No One commented on this but yourself And this is my opinion on it. You're entitled I thought this is a place for opinions? It is  I’m not being disrespectful. Never said you were And I think much of what I said is based in fact. Where's the evidence and based on what? Many reductions can often mean a person is near max exposure Lots of factors can  be involved in these decisions . Just who is this going to help that’s in here trying to build? Thats not for you too say, it doesnt help you, understood None of us. Again, you There are many high credit that admit they do it for the sport of it. Yet it wasnt mentioned here and you were quick to exclaim bragging and infer op  had nothing to add to help anyone Which is fine. To each their own. This is true and  speaking for myself, I try to keep my opinions constructive  not only for tos but for a better reading  experience. 

Funny how saying reductions CAN be because of max exposure. Didn’t say only reason. But with that much credit it ups the odds it could be the reason. By all accounts he pays off and isn’t in debt. Just has a lot of credit. Half of everything in here is opinions based on fact. Apply or not to apply as an example. We already talked about bragging and I backed off that one. Like I said it’s many of you others that took more offense than he did. With the exception of the bragging comment.

Message 46 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

wrote:
Thanks! So use Amex and Disco pretty hard and focus on them? Like I said, besides Amex (my last 2 apps just approved) there isn’t much I’m interested in. I’ll focus on them and add 1 account max for a few years most likely.

That would be my advice to grown them.  Charge/pay and repeat.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 47 of 105
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Thanks!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 48 of 105
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:

My goal was 1/10 of your credit lines.  I'm at $121,000 and hope to never go below $100,000.

At this point, a CLD is my biggest fear.  I only spend $25 to $100 on cards with $10k, $18k lines.  Once I get a card to the $10k line I stop asking for CLIs.

I may never again apply for another card because I don't see the point now that I have 9 major bank cards, one store only (Lowes), and 2 co-branded.

I worked really hard to get where I am at and now my biggest goal is 850.  At 780s across the board.  That is because of NFCU Cash Rewards, CapOne Venture One, and Chase FU all obtained last April.  Been in the garden since.

My goal is to push all my cards over the $10K line (well all except Discover because they obviously hate transactors and would much rather target "prime revolvers" Smiley Sad).

I think there's definitely something to be said about having at least ONE very high limit card (>$20K). At least for me I know my BoA CR saved my rear when I had to put a $3500 charge on it for emergency car repairs. I was able to PIF no problem, but the peace of mind it brought me in knowing even if I couldn't have paid it down all the way before the statement cut, I'd still "only" be at 24% util was very comforting to me. Last thing I needed in a time of stress was for a card to show >70% util and potentially trigger domino AA from twitchy lenders.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 49 of 105
12njoy
Super Contributor

Ok all, we're there

We're friendsWe're friends

___________ 12Njoy
Message 50 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.