Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had luck with Home Depot Credit Card

tag
Gmoney2020

Has anyone had luck with Home Depot Credit Card

Good Evening Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am 1 year and 1 month post bk discharge. I am interested in applying for Home Depot credit card to fix a few things in the house and try to get in with citi (I know the retail side is a little different). I had a citi secured card for 8 months but closed it before bk. I never had any other citi cards and did not burn them in bk. I burned...

Cap 1

Wells Fargo

Credit 1

Total Visa

Navy 

USAA

I currently have 3 credit cards (Capital one QS ($2300), Capital one Walmart mastercard ($700) and 1 Credit one Amex ($1000)), Capital one auto loan $22,500 (12% apr), and a student loans ($30k). My current Fico scores are Trans 635, Exp 640, and Equ 633. Utl is 19%. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had luck with Home Depot Credit Card

Search through the forums for info on it, plenty of threads:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-Card-After-BK/td-p/5482603 

Message 2 of 9
Gmoney2020

Thank you for the response. I will check out the link now. I forgot to mention I was prequalified for the Home Depot Card on their website but didn't want to waste a hard pull. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read throughout the forums that it is a slow grower. Good luck and hope you get the DP's and info you are looking for!

Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Gmoney2020   If no luck with Home Depot, I believe you can check for prequalificationn with Lowe's (Synchrony backed).

Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

For some HD card can prove to be of those slow growers but attainable at a generally modest start line. At least from my experience. Mine was approved boo koo years ago (2014) at some arbitrary amount like 1200 or thereabouts. Following suit as many of us MyFico'ers are apt to do i called (for reconsideration of a little higher line) in to their U/W with the perfectly reasonable explaination that being a home improvement/hardware type industry (card) product, i appealed with a request for another review on that possibilty which would help make better use of it.

Well upon some questions and further review it was RE-approved for $5K and actually that was fine since already had Lowes and it was growing leaps & bounds. Stayed that way beyond first approval and eventually it even reached $10K for me.

Needless to say though, sporting a BK notation on our reports places it in that unsure position of some uncertainty to their timeline whereby if the HD Card can be approved or reconsidered if the opposite.

I wish you all success should you give it a try and getting those home improvements your counting on.

Message 6 of 9
Gmoney2020

Thank you for the information. I think I may wait a few months until I've been more then 2 years discharge and score should be above 680 by then I may try Lowe's. I currently have PayPal with a 5k SL opened in 12/2019. 

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No luck just cldSmiley Wink for non usageSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Gmoney2020 wrote:

Thank you for the response. I will check out the link now. I forgot to mention I was prequalified for the Home Depot Card on their website but didn't want to waste a hard pull. Thanks again.

We sincerely hope if you do make the try it comes back approved for you. If not there is still that alternative to hopefully preserve the good use of a HP Inquiry where you CAN call in to the Home Depot UW for a reconsideration. The number should be right in this section above under Backdoor Numbers. Works both ways as well. If approved but really ghastly low line you can call and press your case for a request to a more useful limit.

Welcome To The Forums!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.