Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you stopped receiving CLIs?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Have you stopped receiving CLIs?

I think I've reached the end of receiving CLIs.  Or, they will be much less frequent. My Cap1 cards used to receive an increase every 6 months. Now I get the "we'll let you know" message when I hit their Luv Button. That results in a "no" answer. My Barclay cards haven't seen an increase in over a year and I'm not even going to think about poking the Synchrony bear anymore. Very happy with those credit lines. The last one is Merrick, that really doesn't grow much. I think Barclay might grow a little more but that's about it. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you stopped receiving CLIs?

I have that same feeling... Cap 1 offered me a $250 CLI on my QS. And no go on my Venture, said not using enough use of existing line. I declined the QS CLI and did a BT to the Venture. I'm gonna try again after my next statement. I won't try Sync and got my first no go on my PB card. No luck on my Citi DC either. I guess this kind of signals the end of a build or rebuild. Time to let things age. 

It's hard after 2 solid years of adding cards and CLI's to reach the point of " I have enough".  Happy and Sad. There is always a sense of excitement waiting to see the outcome of an application or CLI. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit, have you thought about combining your Cap 1 cards? If I were in your shoes I'd rather have one $50K card with them than 4 lower limit cards.

Might be time for you to start relationships with other banks or CUs that are more CLI-happy (NFCU, PenFed, Amex, Discover come to mind) Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much I have ya.  Hit my internal limit with Discover, Amex is high enough.  Everywhere else requires HP which I'm not going to give up.  I've never gotten an auto increase on any card, ever.  The Citi every 6 months SP might roll for a while but I have a feeling that isn't going to run much further either.

Message 4 of 18
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

It's been a long time since I can recall receiving a CLI that wasn't requested. I've gotten some SP ones from AmEx, Chase and Citi, but I'm at the point where I think HP would be required. Thus, I'm done with CLI for the time being.

Message 5 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I stopped requesting CLIs a bit over a year ago...and rarely asked, then.

My 1040 income varies a lot (since a business has a separate return) so what I claim during apps is conservative. I'm at risk of CLIs crowding out new accounts (and bonuses) by having too much credit vs. easily proven income.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Mine are still rolling in. I'm pretty much topped out with Cap One and PenFed.
Amex, BofA, Synchrony, USAA, Navy Fed, Citi and Discover may still have some life left. Just received two CLI's last week. HP's don't bother me when I get positive results. Took a HP for BofA just over a week ago. My TU actually went up a few points. I was expecting the opposite. Lol
Message 7 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have that same feeling... Cap 1 offered me a $250 CLI on my QS. And no go on my Venture, said not using enough use of existing line. I declined the QS CLI and did a BT to the Venture. I'm gonna try again after my next statement. I won't try Sync and got my first no go on my PB card. No luck on my Citi DC either. I guess this kind of signals the end of a build or rebuild. Time to let things age. 

It's hard after 2 solid years of adding cards and CLI's to reach the point of " I have enough".  Happy and Sad. There is always a sense of excitement waiting to see the outcome of an application or CLI. Smiley Happy

The above is what gets me into trouble Smiley Surprised

I havent requested an increase on any cards other than Cap1 last month and they only offered $750...refused it 6-8 times. I guess they got tired of me hitting the button weekly so after my last push. They said "we will review your request give us 7-10 days". Then 2 days later they send an email that states we increased your limit by guess what ??? $750. I jumped for joy (not). I'm like how dare they just force that on me.

Anyway I guess I have reached the limit they will allow me internally.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The reasons that Cap1 gave me last month and today are -

Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score isn't high enough for an increase. This was for the two cards that I tried on. I guess I need higher than the 725-732 range to go about $50K with them?

Last month they also gave this reason for one of my requests -

Your average monthly payment has been too low. Payment had been many times the minimum. I was carrying a balance to take advantage of their 0% promo offer. Paid that off last week to see if it would help with an increase.

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@masscredit, have you thought about combining your Cap 1 cards? If I were in your shoes I'd rather have one $50K card with them than 4 lower limit cards.

Might be time for you to start relationships with other banks or CUs that are more CLI-happy (NFCU, PenFed, Amex, Discover come to mind) Smiley Happy

I've been trying to combine my Cap1 cards for about a year. No luck yet. I thought about getting one more card but I really don't need it. I would consider applying for one more if there was a good chance of getting at SL of at least $20K. 

My main goal for my cards was to have at least $100K in available credit. I accomplished that earlier this year (at $108,900.) It would be nice if they keep growing but I won't lose any sleep if they don't. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.