Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed.

tag
vanie1989
Established Member

Re: Help Needed.

I am thinking increasing the credit limit will help to boast her credit score and over time I hope it will help when we are ready to buy our first home. Our combine income is about 65000. My score probably will not be any better than it is right now since I file BK in 2010. I know paying off the credit card will definitely increase her score somewhat but I want it to atleast be in the 700 again to secure a good interest rate when we apply for the mortgage in about 1 year. Most of her credit card will be atleast 1 year when we apply for the mortgage but I want to see what are her chances she could increase the credit line to build a good report. The reason why I was inquiring about Penfed was because I have heard they are really good to work with and their card will grow with time.

Starting Score: 532
Current Score: 532
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 12
vanie1989
Established Member

Re: Help Needed.

It will be almost 6 months for the Discover account. Before I have her request for a credit line increase should she remove her name on the Amex blue before or after the request. See the Amex blue is the largest trade line and it was always paid in full but for now its going to be like this for another 2 statement.

Starting Score: 532
Current Score: 532
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.