cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Odds & Strategy to apply for a few cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help: Odds & Strategy to apply for a few cards?

Scores should be ~800 across the board when I app next month.  I let a few personals report balances..did not realize they reported way after closing date and put 20k on them lol.  Not sure if the Amex PRG balance reported will impact my approval chances/APR's it reported like $30k and is being paid off/reported as such next week.

I'd like to get the following cards this year:

• Chase CSR
  • Chase Ink Preferred App'd/Approved 12/30/18 25k
  • Chase Ink Unlimited
  • Chase FU
  • PenFed PowerCash+PLOC App'd/Approved PCR 12/30/18 30k
  • NFCU Business Visa+BLOC
  • CitiAA Business
  • US Bank or BofA Business (deciding have pre-approvals for personal w US Bank, but exisiting personals w BofA)

**UPDATED** Currently I'm:

• 2/24 new accounts
  • 3 inq's on each of the 3 FICO reports
  • zero late payments
  • zero collections
  • zero bankruptcies 
  • AoYA = 6 months 1 month
  • AAoA = 4years+
  • UTI is at 9% 3% currently; updates will be at ~1%

Personal+Business info:

• Business 1 year in Jan
  • $880k business revenue
  • $100k self-employed salary 
  • $150k from real job+$85k from wifes job
  • ~$100k a month in spend for business/personal expenses on cards

Other info:

• Just opened a SSL @nfcu should report January >9% balance remaining
  • Took a perosonal loan from LendingTree 2 weeks ago, paid it off already- not sure how that will report when it does

I dont bank with Chase, but was considering opening a business Checking account if its helpful + they have a $300 bonus for joining etc.  

What should I do to improve odds of approval? 

When should I app for each one; time between apps? 

How many app's at once since the majority are Business apps and will just show as inquiries(assuming other creditors/banks cant see them opened?)?  

Any other business cards to consider; not interested in SPARK or Discover Business cards reporting to my personal?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help: Odds & Strategy to apply for a few cards?

Since you have Amex Gold you might consider the Blue Business Plus which gets 2x MR for every purchase up to $50k spend a year.

<Mod edit:  We can't post about that here.  --UB>

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help: Odds & Strategy to apply for a few cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you have Amex Gold you might consider the Blue Business Plus which gets 2x MR for every purchase up to $50k spend a year.

<Mod edit:  We can't post about that here.  --UB>

I was going to get the BBP.  Forgot about the limit on AMEX Revolvers and cap'd out Smiley Sad lol.  I'll cancel one of them soon and add it later this year though.  Dealing w Chase app's b4 Im 5/24 lol

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.