Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! They have increased my monthly fee

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! They have increased my monthly fee

@mailwoman wrote:

The new one is called Continential Finance Gold Mastercard. The pre-approved form came in the mail and I just went online. Can you suggest any cards that will accept 692 score, hopefully without an enormous monthly fee, $10.00 adds up! I don't know how to search for cards and the FICO site didn't give alot of suggestions. I really would like Citibank but I dont want to apply and not get approved and that effect my credit too

Cant see why citibank would not approve you, assuming there arent any negs on your report. They may start you with a low CL, but they usually give a nice auto CLI at 4months. Also a CU card would be great. You would then have a year for the new account(s) to age before applying for your mortgage.
Message Edited by ocheosa on 07-06-2009 02:05 PM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 11 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Continental Finance is scum.

Is the 692 your FICO EQ score? (Sorry if you've posted this; I'm catching up.)

If that's your FICO EQ, I'd suggest checking out a local credit union. Maybe Alliant would work (national-level CU), but I've lost track of their requirements. There are two gi-normous threads and a bunch of others about Alliant here on the CC board that would help you make an educated guess.

All CCC's look at more than your scores, so be sure that when you read CC recommendations and typical scores, you keep in mind whatever is on your own credit reports (thin file, lates, high util, short history, whatever.) Also, note the date of the posts that you read --things have changed a lot over the last 6 months.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCCU took my 698 Equifax.
Message 13 of 18
mailwoman

Thanks for the education. I will try to apply for citibank. I have a savings account with them that I've had for years and student loans so maybe they will except me. Thanks!!!!!
Message 14 of 18
Established Member

Hi, I was reading some of your old posts and comments and responses.  You say 'they' increased your monthly fee...You mean the CC company increased your interest rate??  What did you end up doing?  citi wants to increase my rate from 11.2 to 30% for no reason.  Never been late.  Thanks.
Message 15 of 18
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

@dee wrote:
Hi, I was reading some of your old posts and comments and responses.  You say 'they' increased your monthly fee...You mean the CC company increased your interest rate??  What did you end up doing?  citi wants to increase my rate from 11.2 to 30% for no reason.  Never been late.  Thanks.

No, the OP was referring to his card having a monthly maintenance fee, not the interest rate.  As far as your post goes, first I would search on here for a backdoor number to Citi to see if you can't get that rate jack reversed or at least reduced.  Secondly, do you PIF every month or carry a balance?  If you PIF every month, the interest rate is inconsequential. If you carry a balance, you may want to look at getting another CC with a low or 0% interest rate on balance transfers.  

Message 16 of 18
Established Member

Thanks.  I will not pay the high finterest rate.  I pay more than asked amount, but do not pay it off.  I am looking into doing that now.  Take care. 
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I did a year b4 I purchased my house was sign up with a good CU and applied for 1 of the CC's. That way I was able to set up a good relationship and ended up getting a good rate on my Mortgage thru them. Just call 1 and explain your situation and see if you're able to get a good balance transfer deal. Good Luck with whatever decision u make.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.