Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help.. Thinking to apply for Discover It

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help.. Thinking to apply for Discover It

@Frizclotz

Wow... Under 12 months? That is pretty good! Patience is key, as I relentlessly seem to here uttered in the wind.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@julie,

Hey, thanks a lot! I'd probably literally cry if I took a hard inquiry and get denied. Not because of the deniiee app itself, but due to the points I would lose because of it. I have been very diligent towards building my credit profile and by any means I do not want to go backwards. Therefore, taking all the advice the community have provided for me today, I think I'll wait in agony lol and continue working with the open accounts I have. Thus building a longer history of on time payments and responsible credit card usage (low utilization/pay on time).
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't have a problem getting approved. Low SL can be raised fairly quickly. You don't need a 700 score.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@costafirness

It's not the score I'm worried about. It's the few baddies/negative accounts that are reflected on my credit report that concerns me.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your Equifax score?
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, @Donny10, I'm not sure of my Equifax score.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the realm of the other two scores. Tu 681/EX 671
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! I was approved when my Equifax was around 710 for a SL of $2500 no baddies. It's hit or miss with them.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to find out before applying. (Equifax Score).
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently approved for a Discover IT card. They only pulled a report from TransUnion. What they pull may depend on your location.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you open your Capital One credit card account? The one with $300.00 CL. Oh okay, it's only 4 months old. In two months you should see an increase. Since CLI is only a soft pull with Capital One, you can click it anytime you want to.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.