Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Understand Blispay Promos

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Understand Blispay Promos

I've had my Blispay card for about a year or so with no issues at all, untill recently I've noticed twice something that's confusing me. I will try to explain 1 example as best I can maybe someone can explain if it's normal or something I need to call and complain about.

I have used my card enough to have received $190+ cash back and have yet to pay a penny in interest. So I'm approaching a $1,700+ charge that needs to be paid by 5/15/2017 or I will be hit with interest. I have another $350 charge due the following month 6/24/2017. Here is what confuses me about Blispay promos.

I make a $400 payment this week and it credits my newest $350 charge which now says "paid in full" and credits the remaining $50 to my oldest $1,700 charge which is now $1,650 No credit card has ever worked like that for me oldest charges have always been credited first, well not with Blispay can someone explain or know if this is the norm. This is not the first time they try doing this to me.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help Understand Blispay Promos

strange to me would think it would be applied to promo ending the soonest

Message 2 of 3
EJMiv
Valued Member

Re: Help Understand Blispay Promos

Credit card payments are regulated by law under the CARD Act. Your minimum payment is applied towards your lowest-interest purchases. Payments in excess of your minimum must be applied ot your highest interest purchases.

With deferred-interest purchases, there's no regulation on how they can apply your payments, with the exception that they are required to allocate the entirety of any excess payments towards your oldest promo during the last two billing cycles leading up to the promo's expiration. As the deadline approaches, you should see something on your bill about that promo that will tell you how much you must pay and by what date to avoid your deferred interest from getting applied to your outstanding balance.

I'd give them a call in the meantime to see if there's anything they can do about re-allocating your previous payments, or else you'll have a large payment due soon.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.