Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help cap1 unauthorized charges

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help cap1 unauthorized charges

New cards have to be initiated by the cardholder to Google. Just because the charges were recurring doesn't mean that the card company will send the information to the recurring charges accounts, that's the responsibility of the cardholder, as shown in the T&C of any card.
Message 11 of 14
noobody
Established Contributor

I agree with alkaline on this, a lot big company get new account information from credit card company AUTOMATICALLY, thus keep them getting paid.
This is not a well known factor
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, in my case with Google, I had to initiate the change of information, so... Something's still a bit fishy there... I might be able to see where another creditor could get that information passed onto them, but Google? Nope!!

Furthermore, earlier, the OP said that neither Google nor CapOne is making the charges, so where are the charges coming from? Sounds like some serious fishiness going on there...
Message 13 of 14
recoverysauce
Valued Member

OK I will try to answer some of the questions.

1. I do not use google play or pay.

2. the charges came from google play (google* and a chinese name)

3. The last card I had less then 24 hours.

4. No one had access to the crad, and I never went online or PC with any of the new card info.

5. I even activated it by phone instead of online.

6. Google will report back to Cap1 on Wednesday their findings. That is Cap1 deadline too google.

If this was a cyber aka PC/Mobile problem, then all the scanners I ran are not picking it up on any of my devices.

Also if this was virus related somehow, why are they not using my QS1 card? It has more $ limit.

All passwords for everything had been changed while on the phone with Cap1 rep.

This is clearly not on my end only people who saw the card was me and cap1. I did not enter any info on any device of software for last card that was comprimised.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.