cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with app spree... best no POI credit unions with high limits & high limit biz CC's (mid 700's)

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with app spree... best no POI credit unions with high limits & high limit biz CC's (mid

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@KnowledgeSeekr wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Any specific reason .. as to why you do not want to provide POI?

As I mentioned above "Business 8yr old was used off an on, showing good income last 60 days", should have added "Only". Was involved in a partnership that ended up in a court battle for previous 4 years so just got this business back up and running full time this year. Last 2 years returns won't show enough income. 

If you are self employed, the likelihood of asking for two years of tax returns is very high.

I have only read "2,202,788" forum messages, so what do I know? ( a lot less than some)

Register for an LLC, or at a minimum, an assumed name and get a single member EIN either way!!!

@spiritcraft1, Have three LLC's, each with it's own EIN ..

The problem lies in; The oldest one has my last name in it, so they just assume self-employed.

NFCU and several other CU's... have asked for POI/Tax returns based on this.

Try to tell them you are employed by a LLC, and that goes over like a lead balloon. ( even though that is Legally the case)

Message 21 of 32
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Credit Union with High Limits that Pulls TU or EQ & No POI?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

I only have 2 experiences with credit cards from CUs - nusenda and AOD.  nusenda did not ask for proof of income; AOD asked for 4 paystubs, a blood, urine, and stool sample, my first born, and a few of my 20 digits.  As for banks, I don't think I have ever in my life been asked for 'proof'  of income - just stated income.        

@ptatohed,

On AOD, you forgot The "selfie" ...how could you forget?

I was in my boxers at the time so I made sure it was a waist-up pic!  Smiley Very Happy

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 22 of 32
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: Help with app spree... best no POI credit unions with high limits & high limit biz CC's (mid

@KnowledgeSeekr wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Any specific reason .. as to why you do not want to provide POI?

As I mentioned above "Business 8yr old was used off an on, showing good income last 60 days", should have added "Only". Was involved in a partnership that ended up in a court battle for previous 4 years so just got this business back up and running full time this year. Last 2 years returns won't show enough income. 

I think it is likely that (because of current inflation/recession/stagflation concerns) banks and credit unions are paying increased attention to business credit cards (maybe special attention to specific business types... for example, businesses associated with real estate), including POI (Proof Of Income). This is prudent behavior for banks, credit unions, and anyone else who lends money.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 23 of 32
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Affinity Federal Credit Union - approved for their cash rewards credit card $32.5k SL no POI.  However I was preapproved so that may have something to do with it.

Message 24 of 32
Garden32

Dover is crap, they approved me for 20k and after i jumped through all the hoops they have for joining i was then hit with POI, first they wanted 20 yes 20 paystubs which i thought was a typo so i sent them the last 4 that i had, wasnt good enought, they hit me with last 2 years W2, at this point we had been going back and forth for 2  weeks, it was not worth the hassle for a CC so i stopped responding to them.. oh yeah they also asked if i had another form of identification besides my drivers license like a passport.

Message 25 of 32
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@KnowledgeSeekr wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@KnowledgeSeekr wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Just about all CUs can and will ask for POI. There is no way to tell if they will ask you or not.

Sure all can but there are for sure some that more likely not to ask for POI like Navy, Landley, NIH biz, etc. Isn't that the point of both posting data points and asking for dp's to figure out what a creditor is "typically" looking for to get approved?

I don't understand what is it that you're trying to say 

NFCU asks for POI sometimes.Langley asks sometimes. You asked for DPs and I answered you with what I know for certain, all CUs will ask some members for POI. 

That's a DP and you're free to ignore it since it isn't what you wanted to hear 

My friend, has nothing to do with wanting to hear anything. My point is that there are credit unions that rarely ask for POI and some that are more likely to ask for POI with 750+ scores. As mentioned above Dover tends to lean on the more likely side and Navy would lean on the less likely side. Trying to find more that lean on the less likely side. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but the purpose of gathering datapoints is to figure out the best odds for success. Appreciate your input. 

So to be quite honest, I have had a 80/20% success rate ..

Not sure if I am the King of credit unions ??..but have been called that.👑

The only way you are really going to find out, is to apply with four leaf clover in one hand

and

1)COPY OF TWO MOST RECENT PAY STUBS

in the other hand.popcorn.gif

While one person might report Affinity FCU asking for POI, another might not.

The terms YEMV & YMMV might really apply here, more than anywhere else.

I am sure you are aware, most CU's pull ChexSystems for membership,

so you will only get so far in a short period of time.

@M_Smart007HI again, I am lurking and learning so I found this post. I have a question if you had a minute: What do you mean when you say the CU pull ChexSystems and you'll only get so far in a short period of time? Does that mean it shows your income or does that mean you can only have so.many inquiries? TIA

Message 26 of 32
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@butterpecan 

What I think what @M_Smart007  is referring to is CUs will check your Chex reports to see how many bank accounts you have opened recently , some don't like to see too many. Nothing to do with income really .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 27 of 32
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@butterpecan 

What I think what @M_Smart007  is referring to is CUs will check your Chex reports to see how many bank accounts you have opened recently , some don't like to see too many. Nothing to do with income really .

@Jnbmom Ah ok gotcha, thank you for the clarification. What are the # or the limits of inquiries per year to avoid? I only have 1 in the past decade but I am planning on a few more CU soon. 

Message 28 of 32
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@butterpecan wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@butterpecan 

@Jnbmom Ah ok gotcha, thank you for the clarification. What are the # or the limits of inquiries per year to avoid? I only have 1 in the past decade but I am planning on a few more CU soon. 

I don't know if it's true or not, but there seems to be consensus that it's best to wait at least 3 months between new deposit accounts... for those institutions that look negatively on a lot of Chex inquiries.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 29 of 32
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, this info is probably buried in this forum somewhere but I have not seen it yet so I appreciate your input. I will search for a list that shows who is turned off by Chex inq. Thx. 

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.