Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters,Carnival,AMEX Whats next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters,Carnival,AMEX Whats next?

I was recently approved for Hooters,Carnival and Delta sky miles. Denied for Chase,Citi.BOA,US Bank(went a little crazy with the apps) How long should I wait to re apply for the Banks that denied me? Should I try for another AMEX? Any suggestions on other cards? My scores tanked a little, but hoping they recover. They were in the low 600s to begin with. Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters,Carnival,AMEX Whats next?

Give your file a good 6-12 mos to grow
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
Give your file a good 6-12 mos to grow

Brammy's right, time to rest and let the inqs cool a bit. 6 mos. min. of good history with the new cards will make you look a lot better at the CRA
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

depending on the cl's you got, i think i would just wait to let your scores factor in the drop in utilization, then maybe apply for cards that turned you down, higher scores = higher cl's and lower apr's. so if you monitor your scores wait until you see them level off, then strike! i think that's going to be my battle plan.

also it depends on how many hards you took getting the cards you have and how many were hanging out there when you started.

if you don't mind sharing what were your scores and cl achieved. sounds similiar to me.

i had scores 602-656 and got the following

plat amex skymiles 2k
target red card 200
hooters 1k
hsbc discover 300
victoria secret 250 (forgot this one when i first posted)

turned down for
boa jeep card
home depot home improvement loan
amex blue cash (recon letter sent friday)
discover

Message Edited by dnm45227 on 09-08-2007 08:30 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score wereTU606,EX609,EQ584
Hooters 2k
Delta Sky Miles1k
Carnival$500

Thanks for all of the advice, because of everyone on this site I got the cards in the first place.
I will take your advice once more and hold off at least 6 months. Sure will be hard though.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

. Sure will be hard though.

Don't all of us at the sleigh center know itSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.