Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Can Receive Cap One Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Often Can Receive Cap One Increase?

I asked for, and accepted, a CLI online from Cap One. How often can you receive CLI from them? Is there a set time frame or is it random? Just curious. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How Often Can Receive Cap One Increase?

6 months from last YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Chris679
Established Contributor

If you are me, once every 4 years.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it has been around 6 months.

Heavy utilization and payments seemed to have an impact on the amount they'd offer.

I'm going to close out my platinum and see what they offer me late this year or early next after gardening of a while because apparently you can combine available CLs now? I'll need to look into that more.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my 1st CLI and was told every 6 months, My increase was higher then my hubby's because i use my cards more then he does, He doesn't want to use them at all so I have to use them for him. His initial credit line was also higher then mine, they are still under $1000 on each card but close to it now. i hope they keep the increases coming Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

6 months.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for, and accepted, a CLI online from Cap One. How often can you receive CLI from them? Is there a set time frame or is it random? Just curious. Thanks. 

You can often get an initial CLI around your 3rd statement date (YMMV), but after that, CLIs can be granted ~6 calendar months from the last CLI.   It's possible to get one earlier if you request a manual review.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.