Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could AU's usage affect my CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How could AU's usage affect my CLI

Hi,

I currently have a Capital one quicksilver one card with a $500 CL. Being adviced by the people here, I'm heavily using the credit card and hoping to get a CLI after my third statement coming out. I have also added my husband as an AU and he's also helping me use it frequently.  I have just read a post saying that there were cases that the accounts were closed becuse of higher usage from AU than the prime card holder.  So if my husband use it too much,would it affect my CLI in three months? Or it doesn't matter. THANK YOU!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How could AU's usage affect my CLI

Dont both your and his card have the same account number?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the account number is the same but we have two credit cards with different numbers

Message 3 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

The cases you've read about are when the spending is signficant, and is generally with lenders other than Capital One (Amex comes to mind... they have a 'rep' for this). 

Since we're talking about Capital One in your case, I would say you have very, very little to be concerned with.  Historically Capital One generally leaves people alone as long as they get paid on time.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Do not rely solely on usage for CLI's despite the poplarity of the meme here and on other credit sites.

Your credit profile and income are the primary considerations when determining the CLI you qualify for.  Usage may play a small part in some situations but it will not overrule the primary considerations.  Your CLI eligiblity is not just about the account itself but your entire credit profile.

AU's don't really matter aside from how they impact your revolving utilization and possibly if they use more than you can pay and you end up with lates or other derogs.

If you were approved with a $500 CL that indicates that the creditor has concerns with your credit profile.  Identify the issues with your credit profile, hit the Rebuilding subforum and get to work on those issues.  Again, don't rely on just usage.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.