cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you get your Sams Club MC (in store)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get your Sams Club MC (in store)?

Hey all!!

I really really really want the SC MC. Like really. LOL. I have the store card ay $7k and had heard of people getting upgraded in the store. My question is this: if you were upgraded in the store was it at a regular checkout, a self-check or the customer service desk?

I assumed it would only happen at the CS desk so I have been making up a reason to stop every time I've gone in but am hoping you guys can tell me there is another way. LOL.

Edit to add: Did it happen for you when you paid / renewed / upgraded your membership?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How did you get your Sams Club MC (in store)?

I apped  for the MasterCard while joining SAMs Club., approved and they issue a temp card till I received the MC in the mail.

Message 2 of 17
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

+1

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 3 of 17
VegasMom
Regular Contributor

Mine was when I joined Sam's Club at the customer service desk. They asked if I wanted to apply, I said no and then she told me I was pre-approved for the MC.

I have heard of people being told they were pre-approved in the check out lane, but haven't seen it for myself.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I am hearing here is that I should cancel my membership, wait a bit and then start up again. LOL.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure of your TU FICO, but it should generally be 730+ in order to qualify for the Mastercard version.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure of your TU FICO, but it should generally be 730+ in order to qualify for the Mastercard version.

Thanks for the heads up! I am about 10 points short of 730 so I'm sure that isn't helping.

Message 7 of 17
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! I am about 10 points short of 730 so I'm sure that isn't helping.

I got mine in club in January with a 686 TU fico with a $2,500 cl. It now sits at $8,000 cl.

I already had the Sams PLCC with a $6k limit.

They didn't UPGRADE the PLCC it was a new app in club

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my dad joined Sam's Club back in 2010, he had applied for the Sam's Discover and was appoved on the spot and then got the Sam's Mastercard when they made the transition.

Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I suggest you just apply for the MC if your scores are above 700

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.