cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How difficult is it to get approved for a Barclaycard cc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How difficult is it to get approved for a Barclaycard cc?

A little over six months ago I went on an app spree and acquired 6 new credit cards, bringing my total to 7. My AAoA is currently about 1 1/2 years. Other than that my credit is great, scores from 720-760.

Taking this into account, how likely would it be fo me to get approved for the Arrival+ or Ring? Should I wait longer to apply?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How difficult is it to get approved for a Barclaycard cc?

They let me in after 1 year of solid payments with other big lenders.  TU was 695 at the time.  They were my 2nd app after a 7 month garden.  Previous to that 7 months I had 6 new accounts throughout that year.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied in March after applying for the arrival +. The reason they gave was too many new accounts. I had opened about 7 new accounts in July 2015. They pulled TU which at the time was 712 and my AAOA was 4 years.

Called to recon and they said they wanted to see the new accounts have more histoy before they could approve me  -__-

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which 7 credit cards do you currently have, and what does Barclay offer that those 7 don't?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Ring would be the toughest one they have with that APR.
Message 5 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A little over six months ago I went on an app spree and acquired 6 new credit cards, bringing my total to 7. My AAoA is currently about 1 1/2 years. Other than that my credit is great, scores from 720-760.

Taking this into account, how likely would it be fo me to get approved for the Arrival+ or Ring? Should I wait longer to apply?

I think you've got a good shot at it.

PS The Ring is my favorite card

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A little over six months ago I went on an app spree and acquired 6 new credit cards, bringing my total to 7.

That could be an issue.  People tend to overlook the impact of having new accounts.

Message 7 of 13
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Barclay is a weird animal for me. Only cards I have been declined for. My last shot at them was a few months ago. Was denied for too many new accounts opened in the past 6 months. I had 3 new accounts. A recon attempt did no good either. This was with scores near 800. They have also been very tough for me to get a CLI with as well. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 8 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Because of the number of new cards, I'd maybe wait a while and let them age a bit just to avoid a possible HP for nothing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 13
jstap01
New Contributor

It looks like I have been blacklisted from Barclay's due to being stupid about 10 years ago....

Starting Score: EXP - 561, EQ - 590, TU - 573
Current Score: EX - 739, EQ - 756, TU - 708
Goal Score: 715 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.