Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do creditors view CLD?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

How do creditors view CLD?

Fingerhut has issued me a temporary increase of $400. They wrote me and stated I can make it permanent if I spend up to 400 by a certain date. If not, the credit will go up according to whichever amount I do spend by that date. They've already reported my new increase to the bureaus. So if they go back to my original CL, it will look like I got a credit limit decrease(which looks like I've done something wrong). I don't want creditors seeing this and then wondering why my limit was cut down. I have a flawless record so far. I wish they didn't give me the temporary increase at all. This might be the thing to get me to close my FH account since I don't need it at all. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do creditors view CLD?

I don't think it's a big deal, honestly. My chase limits go up and down at my whim. It would be easy to explain, as well.

On the subject of closing, if you don't want it, have no use for it, or it's causing you stress then cut it out your life. Smiley Wink Just sayin... Smiley Happy
If you don't really care what it's doing and just want it for an Aaoa boost, then keep it and just file13 everything they send. lol

Smiley Very Happy *sending good vibes your way *
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.