cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Chase "Bonus Meter" actually work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the Chase "Bonus Meter" actually work?

I am not sure if this has been asked before but I didn't see anything in the search results.

I was just offered the CFU card with the $200 Signup Bonus.

The App and possibly website also has a "Bonus Progress Meter" but I don't exactly understand how it works.

The first day I did 6 purchases and the meter never moved so I figured it probably waits until charges post.

The charges are still pending but now it says I only spent for the first charge only.

Anyone have experience with this part of Chase?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How does the Chase "Bonus Meter" actually work?

It takes time for the meter to update as charges officially post. It's accurate so I would just be patient and let Chase update in the next few days

Message 2 of 6
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: How does the Chase "Bonus Meter" actually work?

Is it just a running tab of how much spent toward the SUB?  Sounds like a gimmick. You could just add up the statements, but they're making it easy for you. 

Message 3 of 6
fleetfoot
Valued Member

Chase SUB progress

I was recently approved for a Chase Freedom Flex card with a $200 sign up bonus after spending $500 in the first 90 days.  I remember reading on these forums that Chase has a progress meter on its website to monitor progress toward completing the required spend.  But, I have been unable to find it on either the mobile app or the desktop computer website.  I'm sure someone in myFico-land know where it is located.  Please help me find it so I can track my progress. Thank you in advance. 

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 4 of 6
LumpyOneTwo

Re: Chase SUB progress

the meter is in the app. After you choose the account for the card, just scroll down until you see it, should just be past the recent transactions. At least that's how it is on my phone.

also it doesn't seem to understand that I got the bonus months ago, it's still there showing $4700/$500 lol.

Message 5 of 6
fleetfoot
Valued Member

Re: Chase SUB progress

Thanks LumpyOneTwo.  It's right where you said it would be.  I'm about halfway to my required spend.  I'll certainly make it ahead of the deadline. 

Ex FICO8 762
Eq FICO8 767
TU FICO8 753
AAoA 10 yrs, 1 mo
AoOA 35 yrs, 2 mos
AoYA 3 mos
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.