cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high does the Walmart Store Card Limit go?

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: How high does the Walmart Store Card Limit go?

@starry1 wrote:
That's insane! How could anyone possibly spend that much at Walmart? It's the store card and not the discover, right?

First, one could absolutely spend that much if they wanted to. Second, for me this is purely for utilization purposes. I've used the card exactly three times. Once for a printer, once for groceries, and once for things for my daughter's apartment, which was the most at 974 bucks. Each time I paid it in full. In fact I paid the 974 while the charge was still pending, so for a few days I had a credit of 974 dollars. Woman Very Happy

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 21 of 43
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@starry1 wrote:
That's insane! How could anyone possibly spend that much at Walmart? It's the store card and not the discover, right?

First, one could absolutely spend that much if they wanted to. Second, for me this is purely for utilization purposes. I've used the card exactly three times. Once for a printer, once for groceries, and once for things for my daughter's apartment, which was the most at 974 bucks. Each time I paid it in full. In fact I paid the 974 while the charge was still pending, so for a few days I had a credit of 974 dollars. Woman Very Happy

LOL walmart is like costco, never knowing how much you actually spend till you check out.

And GE cards are for sure UTI purposes 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 43
LesWH
Established Contributor

Woman LOL

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

LOL walmart is like costco, never knowing how much you actually spend till you check out.

LOL! That's for sure! We have the Walmart super center and they have some of EVERYTHING in that place! I went to buy things for thanksgiving dinner and that place was so crowded I swore I would never go back. If it can't be purchased online, I won't be getting it! Lolololol! At any rate, people do some major shopping there! I'm going to buy a television for my daughter's apartment soon and it will be charged to my Walmart card and then paid in full. Obviously GE likes that because they keep giving me increases!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 23 of 43
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Woman LOL

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

LOL! That's for sure! We have the Walmart super center and they have some of EVERYTHING in that place! I went to buy things for thanksgiving dinner and that place was so crowded I swore I would never go back. If it can't be purchased online, I won't be getting it! Lolololol! At any rate, people do some major shopping there! I'm going to buy a television for my daughter's apartment soon and it will be charged to my Walmart card and then paid in full. Obviously GE likes that because they keep giving me increases!

Thats why I have an Amazon store card, the ease of shopping on my couch. But I want a Walmart card now because of the free TU

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 24 of 43
LesWH
Established Contributor

The free FICO is worth having the card for sure! The fast growing limit is the best!

Message 25 of 43
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have a $15,000 limit Walmart Discover :-) aaand I pif always!!!!

Who cares about how much I spend there ( a few hundred a month).... Having a $15,000 limit is rad! I shall ask for a $20k+ limit from the backdoor num in like a month or two
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 43
anthill927
Established Member

First off, congrats!! second, I thought u could only get a increase every 4 months? I have had the walmart card for 3 years, and I just got my first big just from 1100 to 3000 in december. No offense but I feel like I deserve a good limit like that too because I have been a member longer!! haha its just healthy, happy jealousy for you. Should I ccall underwriting and ask or wait? you got yours consistently!!! lol

I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 27 of 43
LesWH
Established Contributor

@anthill927 wrote:

First off, congrats!! second, I thought u could only get a increase every 4 months? I have had the walmart card for 3 years, and I just got my first big just from 1100 to 3000 in december. No offense but I feel like I deserve a good limit like that too because I have been a member longer!! haha its just healthy, happy jealousy for you. Should I ccall underwriting and ask or wait? you got yours consistently!!! lol

Woman LOL I always called underwriting because I knew the online button wouldn't work for me since I have not been a cardholder long enough.  Call Underwriting.  It's SP so you have nothing to lose!!

Message 28 of 43
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I am at 5k, should I ask for 7500 or 10k? I want a sure thing, so 7.5k?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 29 of 43
CS800
Super Contributor

My Wally card sits at a CL of $6000 and I was told that that's the max it can go. Obviously I was given the wrong info. I'm calling the backdoor to see if they would push me to 8 or 10 k

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.