Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before inquiries show up and affect credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before inquiries show up and affect credit report

I'm doing some June cc house cleaning required some app'ing . Its been a week since I applied for 3 cards, now I need to request cli with alliant - will those 3 inquiries be visible a week later ??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: How long before inquiries show up and affect credit report

I've had INQ's show up the same day and drop the score. My last app spree last month I had experian direct monitoring service but already pulled my report that day (May 1st Sunday) and got an email alert a few hours later about my inq's and score dropping (also amazon card showed up instantly on CR too)

Message 2 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

sometimes they show up instantly.  i remember haulingthescoreup telling a story about being on the phone with an app & already being able to see the inquiry Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will 3 inquiries drop my score - should have been at 750ish before apping ?? but with new cards i probably tripled my available credit - will it offset eachother ?

Message 4 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much will 3 inquiries drop my score - should have been at 750ish before apping ?? but with new cards i probably tripled my available credit - will it offset eachother ?

maybe, but not necessarily.  you will also see a loss of points because you have new accounts that are lowering your average age of accounts (AAoA).

Message 5 of 7
tburns
Regular Contributor

Hard to say really. The new accounts will probably hurt your score a bit also. AAoA dropping and all.

From my app spree I actually did have myFico for May but only the score watch and TU Fico. I started with 4 INQ's and a EQ Fico of 720. After the spree I had 8 INQ's and MyFico's Score watch reported my EQ Fico 684. However my TU Fico actually went up 8 points to 738 Smiley Happy but my INQ count on TU went from 2 to 5. Seems everyone pulled EQ for me except GEMB.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hardly an expert, but I hear that most inquiries will only drop your score by a couple points, if at all. But they can make some lenders leery about extending credit or higher limits if you have too many. I hear some banks are particularly sensitive, I have no idea about Alliant though.  The average age of accounts being lowered has a larger impact usually. Most of my hard pulls show up within a day, a fewhave taken several days. But they always show up faster than new credit lines. Just my experience.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.