Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait before requesting CLI from Discover

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How long to wait before requesting CLI from Discover

Think it might be difficult when they ask the income question. What are you using for income? Financial aid, loans?
Message 11 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Think it might be difficult when they ask the income question. What are you using for income? Financial aid, loans?

from the last thread that he created and got deleted, he said he's made up some ficticious number for income. Most of his money from financial aid and some from parents, if I remember correctly.

to OP: by your 6th statement you can request for CLI.

To clarify, I'm not trying to judge you or anything. I still think what you're doing is very risky, but if you insist that it's the only way out for your situation, then best of luck. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I thought that was the same person. I looked for it later and couldn't find it to be sure.

OP- I agree with enharu. This forum is ask for advice and to offer support. Hopefully, you'll find the answers that you are looking for and you will be able to get your finances in order.

Good luck.
Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

This is what i'm interested in, where are you getting money to pay on it if you have no job and in college??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
credithappy
Regular Contributor

My advice is to please do not use your CC to paid your rent.  How are you gong ti paid the rent from now on with no income.  BTW, Discover does sometime do the 6 mth CLI or it may take longer for them to increae your CC it i their judgement if they want to up your CLI.  

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 15 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hey... If he can only pay his rent with credit, then that's what he has to do....
At least he's in school trying to become a smart individual. And at least he's smart enough to use a 0% offer not a 20 something percent card.
What happened to the Capitalism spirit, you guys?!?
He prob has student loans, like everyone else whose mommies and daddies don't pay their way til they're 30.
LOL😳 YEAH, I just went there.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks tennisfan! My FICO didn't improve at all... Eq was 688 at approval, went down to 684(last time they sp'ed me). Did have a baddie removed though! A 5 year old paid CO for 280 from TXU.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 18
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

6 months then from there its YMMV i got another auto cli at 9 months hoping for another @ 1yr.  the income question is an issue, but back when i was in college i got a discover card w/ 2500 limit any the only income i reported was a crappy work study job that paid next to nothing i think my take home was like 40 or 60 bucks every 2 weeks and i was carrying big balances and paying the min. and they loved it kept upping my limt ended up w/ either 4 or 4800, and i learned the hard way and crash and incinerated my credit, however discover was the one creditor that worked with me. they closed the line but dropped the interest rate to something like 6% for a fixed payment plan

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.