Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? How many apps between Chase Cards

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

? How many apps between Chase Cards

Hi everyone here is my story I am planning on a few trips and do not have any hotel cards I am interested in the Marriot Premier but I just apped for the Chase United end of last month, I also have 4 cards with Chase which includes the recent United total cl exposure in all 37K I know my chances are slim to nothing if I app for the Marriot.  My questions does Chase allow 5 cards per cardholder? What is the time between apps that Chase Allows? My other plan is to pay off my Chase Amazon and close that card since I have the Sallie Mae now and I am wondering if Chase would put that limit onto the Marriot.  Any input and ideas on what to do would be very appreciated, thanks...

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: ? How many apps between Chase Cards

@tray wrote:

Hi everyone here is my story I am planning on a few trips and do not have any hotel cards I am interested in the Marriot Premier but I just apped for the Chase United end of last month, I also have 4 cards with Chase which includes the recent United total cl exposure in all 37K I know my chances are slim to nothing if I app for the Marriot.  My questions does Chase allow 5 cards per cardholder? What is the time between apps that Chase Allows? My other plan is to pay off my Chase Amazon and close that card since I have the Sallie Mae now and I am wondering if Chase would put that limit onto the Marriot.  Any input and ideas on what to do would be very appreciated, thanks...

I'm sure you'll be fine with opening a new one. At most, they'll have you shuffle some credit around from some other cards.

What you can do, is pay off the Chase Amazon. Leave $500 on it, and move the rest of the CL somewhere else. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree, no issue but worse case just move a little CL from other cards to make it happen.

Message 3 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It's unknown if Chase has any limits on number of accounts or time between apps.  Like you thought, my issue has been total exposure.  If they've increased their exposure in a short period of time, well, that's probably your answer.  On the flip side, they're very good about moving limits around to give the approval on a new card.

Is your heart set on Marriott?  Other lenders may be more willing to extend credit (Amex SPG/-HHonors, US Bank Club Carlson-very tough though), Citi HHonors, etc...).

Message 4 of 10
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I was able to get the Freedom a month after the CSP and both were instant approvals. As others have said its all about internal limits and what Chase wants to risk on exposure to unsecured debt.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 5 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Well everyone this is what I believe to be a mess that I am in now, I went for the app and I swear Chase's online app process must be going haywire it stated I was approved for $18,600 and if anyone has been reading my threads my last app was for 17,000.  Well all I can tell you I think Chase gives and takes it away because when I call the application status line it says my app is still in review and stating up to 2 weeks.  When I look on my online account Marriot is not there and with the Chase United that account showed up immediately.  What does anyone think about this situation....  It was too good to be true.....

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

Well everyone this is what I believe to be a mess that I am in now, I went for the app and I swear Chase's online app process must be going haywire it stated I was approved for $18,600 and if anyone has been reading my threads my last app was for 17,000.  Well all I can tell you I think Chase gives and takes it away because when I call the application status line it says my app is still in review and stating up to 2 weeks.  When I look on my online account Marriot is not there and with the Chase United that account showed up immediately.  What does anyone think about this situation....  It was too good to be true.....

i thought i was impatient Smiley Tongue

I think it's approved and the linking just may not be going "instantly" today... it's a friday Smiley Tongue

CONGRATS.... I have not heard of chase taking away instant approvals.

Message 7 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

I think it's approved and the linking just may not be going "instantly" today... it's a friday Smiley Tongue

Do you mind me changing my forum name to CreditAddict#2 LOL, but I wont you are the one and only....... but i am just skeptical though my would the automatic response say pending and now over 50K credit with Chase, something I feel is not right, but I hope you are right CreditAddict as I did print out the application status approval, I quess the waiting game, and also no email  confirmation yet...

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tray wrote:

Do you mind me changing my forum name to CreditAddict#2 LOL, but I wont you are the one and only....... but i am just skeptical though my would the automatic response say pending and now over 50K credit with Chase, something I feel is not right, but I hope you are right CreditAddict as I did print out the application status approval, I quess the waiting game, and also no email  confirmation yet...

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
nois
Regular Contributor

I applied for Freedom only thirty minutes after applying for CSP and both were instant approvals. After your approval you should be receiving an additional email to confirm approved status. 

Edit it to note that my emails did not arrive until the next day or two after the online app.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.