Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards do you carry?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: How many cards do you carry?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

And I'd like to +1 okstatefan's oklesean's post back on page 2 about photocopying the fronts and backs of all cards in your wallet. I've done this and made 3 copies. I keep one at work and two at home, in case my wallet goes walkabout.

It's also very handy if you want to call your CCC when you don't have your card on you. You have a handy record of your CC#, your expiration date, and the 3-digit security code. Smiley Wink Needless to say, if you're going to keep a copy at work or elsewhere, be sure that it is secured from prying eyes.

i must have missed that post...but that sounds like a great idea!  i used to have all my credit card numbers memorized, but then i just lost track, not using them all the time like i did before.  this sounds like a great way to keep that information handy.

(edited to clean up my boo-boo about the suggestion on photocopying CC's, etc)
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-18-2010 09:31 PM
Message 41 of 43
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

And I'd like to +1 okstatefan's oklesean's post back on page 2 about photocopying the fronts and backs of all cards in your wallet. I've done this and made 3 copies. I keep one at work and two at home, in case my wallet goes walkabout.

It's also very handy if you want to call your CCC when you don't have your card on you. You have a handy record of your CC#, your expiration date, and the 3-digit security code. Smiley Wink Needless to say, if you're going to keep a copy at work or elsewhere, be sure that it is secured from prying eyes.

i must have missed that post...but that sounds like a great idea!  i used to have all my credit card numbers memorized, but then i just lost track, not using them all the time like i did before.  this sounds like a great way to keep that information handy.

I used to know someone who could remember all his numbers like that. Scary...

(edited to clean up my boo-boo on the poster who suggested photocopying cards)
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-18-2010 09:32 PM
Message 42 of 43
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Wallet

BoA Personal Acct.

BoA Joint Acct.

American Express Gold   (Travel/Emergencies)

BoA WorldPoints  (Misc.)

License

Insurance

AAA

Stay at Home (in the freezer...lol)

Capital One  (MIsc.)

CITI Forward  (Balance Transfer)

Discover  (Misc.)

Chase Freedom  (Utilities/Bills)

Home Depot  (Home Improvement)

I really went overboard on the credit card apps at the end of 2009.  I got the AMEX, CITI, Discover & Chase all within 2 months of each other.  I would really like to have a couple of the CLs increased, and totally get rid of a couple of CCs.

Message Edited by BP2003 on 01-19-2010 10:09 AM
Message Edited by BP2003 on 01-19-2010 10:09 AM
***From ashy to classy***
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.