Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you have?

tag
Yoshi1981
Regular Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

@markhs777 wrote:

How many cards doesn't mean much. Sure there are some who have 50+. Between store cards and meh others not that difficult. To some it's a game while others may get occasional value out of them. Like most things it's quality over quantity.

@markhs777 True but quality is also subjective. Some people find the Apple card extremely useful but a pre-approval for it doesn't excite me at all. Have an iPhone but never use Apple Pay or frequent the listed merchants. 

FICO 8: EQ 712 | EX 711 | TU 706
Discover $10k (AU) | Wayfair $4.5k | AAA Daily Advantage $4.2k | Citizens Bank Cash Back+ | USB Altitude Connect $2k | Target $1k
Message 61 of 63
crystal626
Regular Contributor

28. It's time to start closing some. I was doing Amazon gift cards to keep them active but now they want $5 for each one so it's time to let some cards go.

Message 62 of 63
markhs777
Frequent Contributor

@Yoshi1981 wrote:

@markhs777 wrote:

How many cards doesn't mean much. Sure there are some who have 50+. Between store cards and meh others not that difficult. To some it's a game while others may get occasional value out of them. Like most things it's quality over quantity.

@markhs777 True but quality is also subjective. Some people find the Apple card extremely useful but a pre-approval for it doesn't excite me at all. Have an iPhone but never use Apple Pay or frequent the listed merchants. 

Yes there are niche cards that may be useful. In the Apple Card case you basically get an additional 1% cash using on Apple products instead of using the many 2% off everything ones out there. 

I have it and rarely use it since other than Apple products find it rather meh. By all means  apply for any card that's useful. As you say it's subjective.

Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.