cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I request for Capital One Platinum CLI?

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: How much should I request for Capital One Platinum CLI?

@Webspry wrote:

call and ask if they'll do soft or hard pull for a CL request. If a hard pull I'd decline and go over to Discover and apply for a new card. Like another on here stated, I've had a Capone card for over 12 years and personally found them to be unfriendly regarding CLI and I've got a 760 average score and over 100k in available credit. After 12 years CapOne increased my CL from 6000 to 12k.  

Seriously?  You have a $12,000 credit limit with CapOne and you call them unfriendly?  

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 21 of 23
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Webspry wrote:

call and ask if they'll do soft or hard pull for a CL request. If a hard pull I'd decline and go over to Discover and apply for a new card. Like another on here stated, I've had a Capone card for over 12 years and personally found them to be unfriendly regarding CLI and I've got a 760 average score and over 100k in available credit. After 12 years CapOne increased my CL from 6000 to 12k.  

Capital One will not perform a fresh pull for a CLI request, neither hard nor soft. They will use the scores from their quarterly SP account review that they have most recently performed. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 22 of 23
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

I have been a long time lurker on the board, but decided to create an account and start posting occasionally.

When I was credit rebuilding, my two Capital One platinum cards both started at $500 credit limits. I was able to grow them both as platinum cards and upgrade them to Quicksilver cards. One of them now has a $13k limit and one of them has a $5500 limit. Except for one huge cli years ago (from 2k to 8k) they mostly have grown at 10% with each cli and I usually only can get one cli per card a year.

I spend regularly on the cards and pay them off in full each month or within two billing cycles. I sometimes pay more than once a month if I made a big purchase on the card.

Asking Capital One for a maximum desired line doesn't mean they will grant what you ask for. They will counter with what they are willing to give you if you are approved for a cli and they don't want to give you what you ask for.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.