Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reliable is Wayfair pre-approval ?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How reliable is Wayfair pre-approval ?

I went to Wayfair and used the SCT and at the check out it said I am pre-approved for Wayfair credit card. I did not pull the trigger. How reliable is their pre-approval. I know pre-approval does not mean a guaranteed approval but I am curious what are the chances of approval and does being a customer of Wayfair makes any difference in approval process ?

13 REPLIES 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: How reliable is Wayfair pre-approval ?

A denial is pretty rare with comenity, but if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be applying.

Message 2 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

A denial is pretty rare with comenity, but if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be applying.

I am not sure if I want to apply for it. DW is thinking about getting a Room Airconditioner. I am thinking it might make a good Mothers Day gift for her. To be honest, I am not sure if I want to get Wayfair Card to pay for it, I am not even sure if I want to buy at Wayfair. I have to shop around other stores and see where I can find a good price for the right unit.

Message 3 of 14
demi
Established Contributor

I did open a card with wayfair recently, I figured they would give me something like $500 limit (purchase was 450 ish)...ended up with $2,500.00 with a not great score.  Credit Card or not, I would't dismiss Wayfair for shopping, they have an amazing selection at good prices, and amazing customer service.  I have not heard of anybody being unhappy with purchases from them.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Those preapprovals are pretty solid....now whether it turns into a hp or sp is a ymmv. The cl's can be a wow or a boo too.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well its time to say. You just got 2 secured cards and now up to 5 secured. Time to stop apping and let them age No more apps for a year. Gotta stop and let the seeds grow man.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well its time to say. You just got 2 secured cards and now up to 5. Time to stop apping and let them age No more apps for a year. Gotta stop and let the seeds grow man.

+1

Message 7 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Well its time to say. You just got 2 secured cards and now up to 5. Time to stop apping and let them age No more apps for a year. Gotta stop and let the seeds grow man.

+1

No. I am not apping. It said I am pre-approved but I am not taking chances and not apping for 1 more year as FireMedic1 suggested.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did SCT about 3 weeks ago. Instant SP approval for $3500 SL. On a lark I hit the CLI button a week ago and they added another $800 on (total CL of $4300). Prices are good. Customer service is outstanding. And when you use their card for a certain amount there are different payment options available. I went with the 12 months no interest. 

Message 9 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did SCT about 3 weeks ago. Instant SP approval for $3500 SL. On a lark I hit the CLI button a week ago and they added another $800 on (total CL of $4300). Prices are good. Customer service is outstanding. And when you use their card for a certain amount there are different payment options available. I went with the 12 months no interest. 

Dont tease @Red1Blue . I know his history. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.