Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How solid are BOA pre-quals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How solid are BOA pre-quals?

Was looking at BOA cards and used their pre-qualification feature. Several cards showed up. Was wondering how these hold up when applying. Have had a card with them since '00
25k SL. Was thinking of either the cash rewards visa or the travel rewards
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: How solid are BOA pre-quals?

Their pre-qualification isn't anything solid :/, but if you think your file fits go for it!
Message 2 of 15
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Boa prequals are useless from what I understand. However, considering that you've been with them for a long time with a high limit, so long as your scores are high and your reports are clean, I think you should be able to get either of the cards you want. 

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was kind of odd.. All the info it wants on the full app is my income and housing status. It took ALL my info from my existing profile. Never seen that before. It's usually just name and address
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very solid if specific Apr is listed and not a range. Don't app for cash rewards unless it's the $200 mlb version!

I'd also pair it with a Better balance rewards and throw 300 into a savings to get 10% rewards bonus from both cards bonuses and future earnings. 

Message 5 of 15
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

If the prequal looks like this then it is a solid prequal. Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 10.22.23 PM.png

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe they work.  Try typing in the name of your pet.  See what happens.  I just cold app for them.

Message 7 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I might add also don't be turned off if you get a high APR at the start because they are exceptional in my experience with lowering your APR rate considerably and those reductions can come frequently with responsible use.

Message 8 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Ymmv on these. But I'd think if they gave you the APR and interest info, the chances are higher.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I'm a BoA customer also...for well over 15 years.  The prequal never showed me anything even when logging in with my BoA credentials.  I just cold app'd recently and was approved for the CashRewards...waited a week and app'd again and was approved for the TravelRewards.  Their prequal seems to be as solid as Discover's...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.