cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon can I ask for a CLI after being approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon can I ask for a CLI after being approved?

So I called Chase for my app on a Chase Slate card and was told I've been approved for 2k. That's great and all but I asked for a transfer balance of 8k so she told me to call the analysts when I recieve my card and find out if they can increase my credit limit for me then.

Can I instead just call them again today and ask for it or is that bad? Now I don't think I'll get the full 8k as I just opened a carecredit in Aug for this 8k that I want to transfer from there and it attacked my fico score pretty hard as far as I can tell. My FICO score was 735 last I checked from my Discover card, but all the reporting bureau's have me in mid to low 600's, so I'm honestly quite suprised I didn't have to fight to be approved.

Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How soon can I ask for a CLI after being approved?

It will be another Hard Pull if you request a CLI upon recipt of your card, provided you qualify for the CLI.  Chase will not use the same HP that was used for your approval.  Your choice of course.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How soon can I ask for a CLI after being approved?

@FinStar wrote:

provided you qualify for the CLI

^ That's what really matter more than time though some creditors do have policies in place regarding timeframes for CLI's

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.