cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Recon Chase United Exploxer Card Denial ? ... Help !!!

tag
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

Re: How to Recon Chase United Exploxer Card Denial ? ... Help !!!

Lol.. I wish I had some serious money in that bank...  Fair to say I'm rebuilding, and in this process, I have to also understand every bank is different... My mortgage is with BOA, so that may have helped me to get approved with them... Chase from what I have read on this forum is kinda strict... I acan call them and ask for a recon, but if you feel I need to let my accounts marinate for awhile, I can accept that... Chase may also want to see how I manage my new accounts going forth.. True ?

Message 11 of 22
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

I'm waiting to hear back from Yes-It's- Me for a possible recon sucess....You're right, I did take two hard pulls for this card,  It won't hurt to try, and if they say 6 months or so, I'm good with that .... I didn't realize before applying that it's a Visa Signature card.. Oops

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silverbimmer04 wrote:

Lol.. I wish I had some serious money in that bank...  Fair to say I'm rebuilding, and in this process, I have to also understand every bank is different... My mortgage is with BOA, so that may have helped me to get approved with them... Chase from what I have read on this forum is kinda strict... I acan call them and ask for a recon, but if you feel I need to let my accounts marinate for awhile, I can accept that... Chase may also want to see how I manage my new accounts going forth.. True ?

True- See blue.  Give it one shot (call) and if they say no then wait for your account to age abit.  Call the credit analyst and say..

"Hello, I applied for the United Explorer card and wanted to know if I can have it reviewed since I didn't get an instant decision (Don't say I was immediately declined). If they pull you up and come back after verifying you continue to say .. I know my profile isn't the best but I have been a Chase customer for 25 years.  I have made my share of credit mistakes along the way and have always known Chase likes quality profiles hence the abtinance.  I applied for the this particular card because I had the debit card and that is no longer in use so I took the chance of applying for the credit card. (Do not mention transfering miles or none of that).

I am not asking much but just a chance to prove myself.. (Be sincere and truthful).  These analyst are human beings.. Report back with what they say after you cal.

Message 13 of 22
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

Ok.. thanks for the advice .. I will do just as you said... I'll report back within 20 - 30 minutes..

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silverbimmer04 wrote:

Ok.. thanks for the advice .. I will do just as you said... I'll report back within 20 - 30 minutes..

Ok.. Looking forward to hearing what they say.

Message 15 of 22
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

Hey, I did call back and actually got a nice guy on the phone... I stated what you said to say and he left and came back and  stated they would like to see more payment history with my newly opened accounts and a consisent payment history with my mortgage account  (No more lates... Last late was 10 months ago)  I asked him about how long I should wait and reapply, he didn't give a definitve answer, only to say to stay on course, no more lates of any kind and give it some time for things to look better with my CR.

I thanked him for his time and told him I can do that going forth ...  I will garden for now, No more apps and freeze my other two reports, and keep my utilization low, currently at 10% across all CRA's.. Sounds like a plan ?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silverbimmer04 wrote:

Hey, I did call back and actually got a nice guy on the phone... I stated what you said to say and he left and came back and  stated they would like to see more payment history with my newly opened accounts and a consisent payment history with my mortgage account  (No more lates... Last late was 10 months ago)  I asked him about how long I should wait and reapply, he didn't give a definitve answer, only to say to stay on course, no more lates of any kind and give it some time for things to look better with my CR.

I thanked him for his time and told him I can do that going forth ...  I will garden for now, No more apps and freeze my other two reports, and keep my utilization low, currently at 10% across all CRA's.. Sounds like a plan ?

Definately sounds like a plan.  I am very proud of you.  The most important thing is you just didn't give up.  Garden, don't apply for anything and give it 6 months.  You should get it then.

Message 17 of 22
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

Thank you for saying that and for your advice.. I gave it a shot .. What was I to lose ? I have to take and learn responsibility on my part and know that credit is not a given, It's Earned ! I will stay in touch with you periodically if I have any other questions or just to update you on my progress
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silverbimmer04 wrote:
Thank you for saying that and for your advice.. I gave it a shot .. What was I to lose ? I have to take and learn responsibility on my part and know that credit is not a given, It's Earned ! I will stay in touch with you periodically if I have any other questions or just to update you on my progress

You are welcome and please do.  We all make mistakes but remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Patience, perseverance and strategy wins the credit game.  Have a good weekendSmiley Happy..

Message 19 of 22
silverbimmer04
Regular Contributor

Thanks and you enjoy as well .. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.