Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add funds to discover secured

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

How to add funds to discover secured

I'm just starting to build credit, and not recently opened a discover secured card. I've heard that you can add funds but don't see any option how? Anyone know how to do this? I asked on chat and the rep said that you have to apply to add your own funds? And it has to be approved?

So would I just go to the limit increase section and apply? 

Will this in anyway effect when it becomes unsecured and if they will give me an actual CLI when it does?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: How to add funds to discover secured

@Bees18 wrote:

I'm just starting to build credit, and not recently opened a discover secured card. I've heard that you can add funds but don't see any option how? Anyone know how to do this? I asked on chat and the rep said that you have to apply to add your own funds? And it has to be approved?

So would I just go to the limit increase section and apply? 

Will this in anyway effect when it becomes unsecured and if they will give me an actual CLI when it does?

Thanks!

For secured cards, when you click on the limit increase link it will take you to a page that explains that you need to actually call in to request to increase your limit. You must have had at least one statement cut before you can request an increase. 

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.