cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert AMEX Delta to Blue? How to get CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to convert AMEX Delta to Blue? How to get CLI?

I thought I'd open another thread on this because of so many people asking. I will get my AMEX Delta soon and need to know exactly, step by step what to do and what not to do when converting it to no fee Blue cards.
Please post only if you have done this yourself. We need your guidance myFICO gurus! lol

My AMEX Delta is at $2,000 limit ( can I bump it up at activation? )

Thank you all.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to convert AMEX Delta to Blue? How to get CLI?

i was approved for that one too.   Did you get Delta gold?  Or just the regular one?
Message 2 of 6
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

mine is  the delta sky points.  But it's a start right?  Wonder if you can covert that one?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the:
GOLD DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS

as it says on check my application status screen.

I think you can still convert yours,
Message 4 of 6
autofly
Contributor

I called to activate my AMEX Delta Gold card and then after activating it through the automated system I called back and had it changed to Blue.  I was going to do it at the same time as activation, but I couldn't figure our how to get a live person.

Once I called back the rep had no problem changing it over to Blue, but she did tell me I would have to wait until the end of my billing cycle.  A couple of days later I got a letter stating my request had been processed and that my new card would be mailed out on September 9th.  Also included with the letter was all of the fine print for Blue.

I tried to get a credit limit increase on the day of activation through the LUV button, but it was declined due to my account being less than 30 days old.  The letter also stated that you can't recieve more than one CLI within a 30 day period.

This was just what I did.  Hope it helps.

Auto

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called to activate and asked for the card to be converted in to a blue, they said I would receive a new card after my first billing cycle. Still waiting on card, cycle ended Wednesday, but the web site shows blue now. I hit the love button and received a 1.5k increase to 2.5k today.

Hocque
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.