Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Diners Club Card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How to get a Diners Club Card?

Can we still get a Diners Club Card here in US? I want to get a card so I can use it for the airport lounge access.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get a Diners Club Card?

Apparently you can't app online anymore.  You have to call 800-2-DINERS

I also came across this while searching:  Diners AF is $300 though I think

http://milecards.com/1228/airport-club-access-via-credit-cards-compare-and-review-options/

Message 2 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

http://milecards.com/1228/airport-club-access-via-credit-cards-compare-and-review-options/

Thanks. I was looking for airport lounge access. I guess Amex Plat members can get priority pass membership for free. It will work for me. I ordered online for my free priority pass card just now. Looks like Amex still holds the trump card in the travel card business.

Message 3 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Nope. Canada for the diners club MasterCard; switzerland, France and most of Europe for diners club card and network.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 21
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Just got my new Discover More card, and was reading through everything that came with it. 

There's a statement in one of the brochures that, when travelling internationally, I can use my Discover Card where ever I see the Diners Club logo.  The same brochure says that, domestically, to continue to use my Discover Card.  Sounds like Diners Club (formerly available in the USA) is not available domestically. 

Message 5 of 21
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Earlier this year, I paid $95.00 AF for my Diners Club. The billing is still handled by Citi. It  doesn't report to CRA. I don't think you can apply the card any more. I got my card in 2003.

Ron.

Message 6 of 21
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

I just called Diners Club. I was told that they are under new ownership and until things get settle they will not be accepting new applications. The CSR also told me that they have different Diners Club cards and based on the one you chose you may end up paying an AF.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 7 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

I thought Discover bought the US side of Diners Club?

My Discover More has a Diners Club logo on the back at the bottom. So I assume that anywhere I see a Diners Club logo, my Discover More would be accepted?

Message 8 of 21
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

You are correct. Discover bought the Diners network and it is accept it in all Diners Club location in the US as well as Europe.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 9 of 21
jonmyers
New Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

You are correct. Discover bought the Diners network and it is accept it in all Diners Club location in the US as well as Europe.

I actually tried to use my Disc in Europe this past August (Spain, Andorra, France) to no avail.  I had contacted Disc before the trip to verify that I could use the card where I saw Diners Club advertized, but no one would actually take the card.  It's possible that they simply didn't recognized it, and it would have worked if they tried (I can't remember if anybody actually tried to run it or just asked for another).

jonmyers

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.