Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grow Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to grow Chase?

@iced wrote:

The other thought that came up was 5/24. I have never been 5/24 or even close to 5/24. I don't even have 5 cards. Knowing how people fret over that, Chase could simply just be even more new account averse than people already think they are.

Chase is a jealous lender for sure.  No doubt there at all.  

Do you have any loans with Chase?  Mortgage, auto, etc?

Message 21 of 40
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

The other thought that came up was 5/24. I have never been 5/24 or even close to 5/24. I don't even have 5 cards. Knowing how people fret over that, Chase could simply just be even more new account averse than people already think they are.

Chase is a jealous lender for sure.  No doubt there at all.  

Do you have any loans with Chase?  Mortgage, auto, etc?

No, nothing. They have been spamming me with mortgage offers, but I'm sure everyone gets those. They don't have local branches, so I'm not even in a market they're that interested in.

Message 22 of 40
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Is there something I'm completely missing or is it just that people perhaps fear Chase more than they should?

just like a 911 no 2 are a like, you just happen to have a profile they liked, you lucked out.  as it turns out so did I but I know exactly why they gave me all the cards and have.  how old is your history and your aaoa? how old is your oldest card with them and do you know your internal score ? chase likes it simple, if you live the clean life they you are good as you have clearly demonstrated.  have you ever used their travel portal and do you have co-brands?  in general they don't like card collectors and they don't like to be first as amex often does but they do like to be second.  the truth is out there lol

Message 23 of 40
iced
Valued Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

Is there something I'm completely missing or is it just that people perhaps fear Chase more than they should?

just like a 911 no 2 are a like, you just happen to have a profile they liked, you lucked out.  as it turns out so did I but I know exactly why they gave me all the cards and have.  how old is your history and your aaoa? how old is your oldest card with them and do you know your internal score ? chase likes it simple, if you live the clean life they you are good as you have clearly demonstrated.  have you ever used their travel portal and do you have co-brands?  in general they don't like card collectors and they don't like to be first as amex often does but they do like to be second.  the truth is out there lol

The first Chase card I opened was in 2013 so my history with them is right around 4 years. Oldest open Chase card is just over one year. Not sure about clean life - I have around a dozen 90 day late payments and a few 120+ late from 2012 on my report. 

No idea on internal score.

Never redeemend UR via their travel portal. I'm still working with my reserve of MP miles (just used some for tickets next week, actually), but if my supply ever starts running low I just transfer UR points over to re-stock rather than redeem via portal.

I started with a co-brand (MP Explorer) and today only have the CSR plus the Club (also a co-brand).

Message 24 of 40
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@iced wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

The first Chase card I opened was in 2013 so my history with them is right around 4 years. Oldest open Chase card is just over one year. Not sure about clean life - I have around a dozen 90 day late payments and a few 120+ late from 2012 on my report. 

sorry, the above makes no sense to me, you closed the card from 2013 so your oldest current is a year?  they hate late anything, this makes  no sense.  you were 90 and 120 for what, a car or a card or an installment?  consider yourself very lucky my friend, I would be doing the lottery if I were in your shoes.  chase will over look pr's but seldom lates on cards

Message 25 of 40
iced
Valued Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@iced wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

sorry, the above makes no sense to me, you closed the card from 2013 so your oldest current is a year?  they hate late anything, this makes  no sense.  you were 90 and 120 for what, a car or a card or an installment?  consider yourself very lucky my friend, I would be doing the lottery if I were in your shoes.  chase will over look pr's but seldom lates on cards

My oldest Chase card was from 2013, and it's now closed yes. It's not my oldest overall card (that's a Barclays that's now just over 10 years old). My oldest open Chase card is just over 1 year old.

All lates were from student loans and credit cards.

In the start of 2013, I only had two credit cards: the Barclays with a $2400 limit and a Cap One that was AA'd to $0. I closed the Cap One as it was useless. I then applied to Citi (no pre-qual) and got an instant approval for $6,000. A few months later, I applied to Chase (no pre-qual) and got instantly approved for $13,000. I don't know if it's luck, but I rebuilt my credit almost entirely off of Chase, so they certainly don't seem that adverse to rebuilders to me.

Message 26 of 40
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@iced wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@iced wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

My oldest Chase card was from 2013, and it's now closed yes. It's not my oldest overall card (that's a Barclays that's now just over 10 years old). My oldest open Chase card is just over 1 year old.

All lates were from student loans and credit cards.

In the start of 2013, I only had two credit cards: the Barclays with a $2400 limit and a Cap One that was AA'd to $0. I closed the Cap One as it was useless. I then applied to Citi (no pre-qual) and got an instant approval for $6,000. A few months later, I applied to Chase (no pre-qual) and got instantly approved for $13,000. I don't know if it's luck, but I rebuilt my credit almost entirely off of Chase, so they certainly don't seem that adverse to rebuilders to me.

chase is all about history and trust me they are adverse to all sorts of things. you had history from 2013 and you closed out on your own in good standing, yes?  this is all very interesting but academic, you are a fit for them for whatever reason(s).  end of story.  I am happy for you, they are a great bank.  I was with jpm since the early 80s, in those days a decent home loan made one a pc so that is how i got my status and the rest as they say is history.  your internal score is strong with them, I can feel it obi one kenobi

Message 27 of 40
jlitnns
Established Contributor

This is quite the thread. The more I read the more I realize there is no way to crack the Chase code. I feel pretty good where I'm at with them. I did burn them about 10 years ago but did end up paying off the account. Started with a $500 CF 2 years ago and now have $6k exposure between Amazon and CFU.

No where near the $100k ha but working my way up.

Message 28 of 40
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

This is quite the thread. The more I read the more I realize there is no way to crack the Chase code. I feel pretty good where I'm at with them. I did burn them about 10 years ago but did end up paying off the account. Started with a $500 CF 2 years ago and now have $6k exposure between Amazon and CFU.

not true, you cracked part of the code.  you did not burn them, you paid them.  you are what they are looking for, history. 

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

Question -- did you pay off the account BEFORE you got the $500 CF, or AFTER?

How soon after getting the $500 CF did you get a CLI?  Auto or hard pull?

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.